In case you are not familiar with TECA (Twice Exceptional Children’s Advocacy), they are a wonderful organization. Mara, who is ED, is an absolute gem! Not only is she an incredible and empathetic person, she is a fantastic resource. Melissa Sornik is a the co-founder and is an experienced psychologist in the area of 2e. Both have 2e children of their own.
TECA offers online support groups for the parents of 2e children every month, in case anyone is interested. Go to www.teca2e.org if you are interested.
Here is the info on the email that recently went out. The next one is tomorrow:
JOIN US FOR ONE OF TECA'S ONLINE
PARENT SUPPORT GROUPS
REGISTER NOW FOR TOMORROW'S 12 NOON GROUP!
Wednesday, 11/15 12:00 Noon - For all Parents
Wednesday, 12/6, 8:00 PM - For Parents of Kids Under 13
Monday, 12/11 8:00 PM - For Parents of Teens
Now that fall is here and school routines are back in place, parents are calling in with their questions and concerns. Maybe you have concerns too. Are you:
- feeling lost and alone as you struggle to figure out how to raise and educate your twice exceptional child?
- panicking every time the phone rings (is the school calling AGAIN?!?)
- looking for new service providers for your child?
- struggling to help your child with homework?
- frustrated because your child won't go to sleep at night?
- worried your child's gifts aren't being supported in school?
- wondering how to get your 2e teen to shower?
You have lots of questions. And you also have lots of answers! Join a TECA support group and share your concerns and experiences with other families facing similar circumstances.
Together we can support their passion and potential!