Dear Addison Families,
The past couple weeks have been busy as we are preparing for our hybrid first grade students to return to school five days per week starting Feb. 16th. This has been a tremendous team effort on behalf of many staff members including the classroom teachers, music/library/PE teachers, campus supervisors, front office, custodian and support/intervention teachers as we had to work together to adjust scheduling and consider how the full classes would move around the school. I am once again very grateful to the Addison staff who have consistently demonstrated flexibility and collaboration throughout this latest transition.
At this time, I only foresee the five day per week return for first graders this year as the pilot will soon launch at other grade levels at other PAUSD sites. The ultimate goal is to safely return all PAUSD students to five days per week on site instruction next year so in order to safely do so, we will be evaluating the pilots across the district this Spring.
As we prepare to bring back more students on campus next week, it's a good time to remind parents of how you can best support our efforts to keep in-person instruction running safely and smoothly at Addison. One guideline outlined below is the reminder of the travel quarantine. With the three day weekend ahead, if you travel a far distance out of town, please have your child quarantine for ten days upon his/her return. The exact mileage is not as important as the "spirit" of the quarantine guideline which is that if you are traveling out of town and staying overnight, the best way to keep our community safe is to have your child quarantine.
Please see other parent reminders below:
- Drop off/ Pick Up: Please adhere to safety protocols during drop off and pick up including wearing masks, 4’-6' social distancing, etc. Please remind other caretakers if not immediate family.
- Health Screeners need to be completed EVERY MORNING BEFORE on your child's assigned cohort day by 8am
- Wednesday is early dismissal at 1:30pm vs. 1:40pm M, T, Th, F
- Travel quarantine is still in effect: All non-essential/recreational travel is discouraged
- Limit socialization outside of school (playdates, extra-curricular activities, stay outdoors, etc.)
As always, we appreciate your partnership and commitment to help keep our Addison community healthy and safe!