Dear Addison Families,
As the school week wraps up, I know the uncertainty of the coronavirus has created concern but I wanted to reassure you that the District continues to work closely with the CDC, California Department of Health and Human Services, and the Santa Clara County Health Department to obtain the latest informational updates and guidance to keep our communities safe.
Information is being updated constantly as situations change. The PAUSD Coronavirus webpage has the most up-to-date information you can find from the District. The FAQ document has also been updated and will continue to be updated as new information becomes available.
Here is what we are currently doing at Addison to keep students, staff, and families safe:
- Teachers are having students wash their hands frequently (before each recess/lunch break, after using a tissue to wipe their nose or sneeze/cough) using best practices for hand washing (soap for 20 seconds and dry completely).
- Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed near the grade 1-5 lunch tables and blacktop area. I’ve requested that a hand sanitizer be installed in the Kindergarten yard. Students who choose to bring their own hand sanitizers are allowed to use them during the day.
- Custodians are using a special cleaning solution on all "high touch" surfaces (door handles, desks, sink handles) daily.
- Next week, teachers will have spray bottles with a hydrogen peroxide solution and microfiber cloth that they can use to wipe down surfaces in classrooms and staff spaces during the school day.
- Our custodial team is making sure that all soap and towel dispensers are fully stocked in all restrooms and the staff lounge.
Also, if your child is worried about the coronavirus, feel free to reference the attachment,
“How to talk to children about COVID-19.”
Have a healthy and happy long weekend. School resumes on Tuesday, March 10.