Survey Sent to Families with Students in Phase 2A
SFUSD sent an important email message on the afternoon of Dec. 2 to families with students in Phase 2A groups. The email contains a unique personalized link to a Commitment to In-Person Learning Survey.
If you received this survey for one or more of your children, you have the option of continuing distance learning or choosing to return to in-person learning when SFUSD is ready (no sooner than Jan. 25). Please respond to the survey prior to Friday, Dec. 11.
If you did not receive a survey from SFUSD in your email on Dec. 2 and believe your child is in a Phase 2A student group, please contact your child’s school for assistance.
For more information about the Phase 2A Family In-Person Learning Registration link, check out this FAQ.
Free Grab & Go Meals Available!
TUESDAYS: FREE MEALS AVAILABLE FOR SFUSD STUDENTS & SIBLINGS
On Tuesdays, 5 days’ worth of meals, including breakfast, lunch, supper, fresh fruits and vegetables, and milk is available.
THURSDAYS: FREE MEALS AVAILABLE FOR ALL CHILDREN 18 & YOUNGER
On Thursdays, 2 days’ worth of meals, plus snacks, fresh fruits and vegetables, and milk is available. SFUSD families can pick up free meals one or both days!
HOLIDAY SCHEDULE: CLOSED DEC. 21 TO JAN. 5
On Friday, Dec. 18, 7 days’ worth of meals is available for all children 18 and younger, including SFUSD students, to accommodate the holiday closure.
Visit sfusd.edu/schoolfood for more information. Note holiday schedule changes on the December Grab-and-Go Schedule.
Support for Seniors in the College Application Process
SFUSD continues to be committed to college enrollment for 12th grade seniors during distance learning, and every high school has been using multiple ways to engage students. Please find a few helpful videos to support students and families currently engaged in the college application and enrollment process.
Please reach out to your student’s counselor if you have any questions or email Counselors@sfusd.edu for more information about supports and resources.
Inclusive Schools Week
Inclusive Schools Week (Dec. 7-11) provides an important opportunity for educators, students, and parents to discuss what else needs to be done in order to ensure our schools continue to improve their ability to successfully educate and include all children.
- Kickoff Event: Young Adult Discussion Panel on Inclusion and Intersectionality (Dec. 7 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. via Zoom): This special community event will feature a panel of young adults (including SFUSD alumni and current students) who will share their individual education journeys and the intersections of their identity and disability.
- Special Olympics Virtual Assemblies: Registration is now open! This year SFUSD and Special Olympics have teamed up to host virtual assemblies with Special Olympics Athlete Speakers. The speakers will share their own personal journeys and talk about the importance of inclusion and equity. Teachers can sign up their classroom to attend a virtual Special Olympics assembly at any of the sites listed below. (Each assembly will be targeted towards that specific grade level, but if your class has a conflict you are welcome to join a different time that works for your schedule.)
- Dec. 8 at 2 p.m. - Glen Park Elementary Hosts Special Olympics Athlete Speaker
- Dec. 9 at 9 a.m. - SF 49ers Workout
- Dec. 9 at 2:30 p.m. - Galileo Hosts Special Olympics Athlete Speaker
- Dec. 10 at 1 p.m. - James Lick Hosts Special Olympics Athlete Speaker
- Dec. 11 10:10 a.m. - Thurgood Marshall ACCESS Hosts Special Olympics Athlete Speaker
- Online Arts Showcase: We are accepting student submissions of visual and performing arts including paintings, sketches, photography, song, dance, music, spoken word, creative writing and more. Use the theme of Inclusion and Social Justice as your inspiration. Please share submissions by Dec. 4.
The Inclusion Bitmoji Classroom and 2020 SFUSD Inclusion Resource Guide includes more information about the week, activity ideas, recommended reading lists, and other resources.
RSVP and share on Facebook.
Personalized Technology Tutoring for Parents & Guardians
Want to fine-tune your distance learning technology skills so you can provide more support to your child? You can receive personalized support from trained volunteers by video conference or phone!
Visit bit.ly/sftechtutors to sign up for a free, 30-minute session. Twenty languages are supported!