Individualized Support to Use Video Conferencing Apps
As PK-8 parent conferences approach, your child’s teacher may invite you to join them by video, using Zoom or Google Meet. Would you like support with learning to use these tools?
You can schedule a personalized, 30-minute session to learn about Zoom, Meet, and many other SFUSD distance learning tools at bit.ly/sftechtutors!
Sessions are available in multiple languages.
SF Loves Learning
Find new videos in our Black History Month Deck as ways to celebrate this month!
Would you like to share how you are celebrating Black History Month on SF Loves Learning? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to share your ideas or submit your video using this submission form.
“How do habitats help living things meet their needs?” is next week’s theme on SF Loves Learning. Check out these segments that will air next week:
- Animal Habitats (Daily Lesson): Maestra Meza defines what a migration is and why animals move habitats. We follow the monarch life cycle to explain how different habitats help the monarch butterfly survive and why they move from Mexico to California.
- The Harlem Renaissance (Music): The song is about The Harlem Renaissance, a period in history when African American visual, literary, and performing art thrived in Harlem, New York and became well known around the globe.
- Las vidas negras importan (Music): Ms. Peña-Govea and her family sing a song about acting in solidarity with and expressing appreciation for Black lives. Ms. Peña-Govea y su familia cantan sobre la solidaridad y el aprecio por las vidas negras. En español.
- Papa, Do You Love Me? (Read Aloud) Set in Africa and featuring the Maasai culture, the beautiful watercolor illustrations, lyrical text, and enduring message are sure to make this another instant classic. Read by Dr. Matthews.
- The Seeds of Hip Hop (Movement) We celebrate Black History every day through the movement and traditions that have been passed down. Journey with Ms. Sammay to the Bronx of NYC in the 1970s and learn how the origins of Hip Hop came from a habitat that wasn't meeting the needs of its inhabitants.
You can search for any content from the show in two ways:
- Segments Library: Find any segment (read aloud, daily lesson, music, movement, community)!
- YouTube channel: Subscribe to this channel, explore the playlists, and receive notifications when new content is published.
SF Loves Learning is now airing every weekday, 8:30-9:00 a.m. on KTVU Plus and any time at sfusd.edu/sfloveslearning.