We hope you will join us tomorrow at 7pm for our PTO budget vote. Here is the link to the proposed budget. Here are a few highlights:
- We are projecting a lower amount of fundraising due to cancelled events and adjusting for the economic situation caused by the pandemic. The projection is a goal for about half of what we would bring in during a typical year.
- All expenses relating to in-person events and activities have been removed.
- Staffing costs are different this year. The school site budget absorbed our literacy team and PE coach temporarily (i.e. these costs may return to the PTO budget next year). In place of these staff, the school has asked to secure PTO funding for a new position to support English Learners. The hope is that this position will begin in January and provide much needed assistance to classroom teachers and students.
- We’ve added these distance learning expenses: teach-from-home technology for teachers, some online curriculum programs, extra teacher appreciation, and student spirit swag.
- Funding for supplemental English Language Arts (phonics and grammar) curriculum for all classrooms.
In summary, projected revenue is $100,000. Projected expenses are $184,000. Our reserve funds will be used to cover the overage of expenses this year as well as next year's possible district budget reductions. For context, in normal years, our goals for budget spend and fundraising are around $225,000 (not exact).
We hope to see you tomorrow. Your participation is much appreciated, and valued!
Thank you for your attention!
Denise and Paul
Argonne Elementary School PTO Co-Chairs