Today, at approximately 12:30 pm, Baldwin Elementary and Baldwin Intermediate schools were evacuated due to a reported smell of smoke on the second floor. Students and staff waited safely outside the building as the Manassas Fire Department and MCPS Maintenance Team sought to locate the source of the smell. Emergency personnel identified the source as a battery pack (brought in by a student) that overheated creating an odor. Students and staff were given the “all clear” to return to the building at approximately 1:00 pm. Thanks, as always, to our amazing emergency responders from the Manassas City Fire Department!
Tue, Feb 13 1:19pm