September 22, 2017
Please read below for important information on upcoming school events and fundraisers! Events are listed on the Bancroft Elementary calendar in Konstella, as well as on the Bancroft PFC Fundraisers and Events & Activities webpages.
Walk-A-Thon - Friday, October 13th
- 8:30-9:15 AM:
- 3rd, 4th, 5th Grades
- AM and Early Slip Kindergarten (B1, B4, B3)
- 10:00-10:45 AM:
- 1st and 2nd Grades
- B-5 Kindergarten
- 12:30-1:15 PM:
- PM and Late Slip Kindergarten (B1, B3, B4)
Walk-A-Thon pledge envelopes and T-shirt order form should have come home this week. Please check your child’s backpack and see the office if you did not receive them.
NEW this year - Online Pledges: In addition to the pledge envelopes, we are also accepting Walk-A-Thon pledges online to make it even easier to get the word out and help friends and family donate! Online pledges can be made up to the day of our event and don't forget that all donations are tax deductible!
To register, go to https://99pledges.com/fund/bancroft/addme
- Enter your child's name
- Enter your email address (so you can see who has sponsored your child and tell them thank you!)
- Where it says "Group", select your child's teacher from the menu
- Press ADD and you're all done!
You should receive an email containing your child's personal link that you can email to friends and family! If you ever need to find it again, just visit https://99pledges.com/fund/bancroft and enter your child's name where it says Search for Participant.
Click here for an instructional video on how to register your child for 99pledges.
2017 Walk-A-Thon t-shirts are on sale for students to wear the day of the event! $10/each - Cash or checks made out to Bancroft PFC. Please fill out the order form (sent home with the pledge envelopes or attached here) and return by September 27th. .
Volunteers and Participation:
Family and friends are invited to cheer on and run with your child! In addition, many volunteers are needed to help make this event a success! Volunteers are needed in each classroom to pin bibs on runners, and out on the field to mark laps as children run, pass out water and snacks, and tally laps and pledges after each race.
Please click here for the Konstella volunteer sign-up sheet and volunteer today. (See "Walk-A-Thon Volunteers" sign-up sheet on the Konstella calendar). Note: Volunteers who pin bibs in classrooms must be fingerprint approved through MDUSD. Volunteers out on the field do not need to be fingerprinted.
Questions? Need help registering? Can't find your link? Want to help with the event? Contact Kristin Carrillo at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Konstella.
All information is also available on the PFC Walk-A-Thon webpage.
please click the following links for more information:
- Family Maker's Faire - Friday, October 6th, 5-7p. Join us for a night of family fun and creativity - see Konstella calendar event for details.
- Community Service Day - Saturday, October 14th, 9a-1p. Calling all of our Bancroft family - Join us in repainting our Bobcat paws and beautifying the landscaping. Many volunteers are needed to make this day a success! For event details, click here.
- Fall Festival - Saturday, October 28th, 2-5:30p. Save the date! Volunteer sign-ups and more event details will be available in the coming weeks through Konstella and on the PFC website.
- Costume Resale - Thursday, October 19th, 2:30-4p. Please donate your gently used kids and adult costumes - the donation box will be in the office beginning October 2nd. See attached Flier for additional details.
- Odyssey of the Mind - Great turn out at the September informational meeting! Click here if you missed the meeting and would like to see the materials or find out more information.