Bobcat Tracks Monthly Newsletter - March 2021
Konstella and www.bancroftpfc.org
Hello Bobcat Families!
It's been quit a year so far! Different and challenging in every way, but also silver linings, some awesome virtual community building, and new skill sets for our students. This Tuesday we will learn more about the remainder of the school year at the MDUSD School Board Special Meeting (https://mtdiablo.ic-board.com/public_agendaview.aspx?mtgId=718). As Principal Dunn shared at the PFC meeting, many Bancroft families are eager to return to campus and many plan to stay in distance learning only through the end of the school year. She shared at the meeting and via her newsletters about all of the preparations taking place across the campus. Communication is so important right now, so please join the Reopening Parent Info Session Mrs. Dunn is hosting on Thursday night - see Konstella calendar for log-in info.
As for our bobcats, please remind your students about the Bobcat Reading Challenge! Ms. Gomes has planned an awesome month of reading and a special reading inspired reward for EACH AND EVERY BOBCAT in April! Please record your daily reading through the form in Ms. Gomes' Virtual Library so she can keep track schoolwide!
This month is very important for the PFC and our school as it is when we draft the 21/22 budget and we solicit parent volunteers to fill Board positions! WE NEED YOU! Please consider how you can volunteer with the Parent Faculty Club for next year! At our April meeting we need to review the slate of candidates and the budget. Then it is off to voting and approval. In addition, we need to fill all of the various volunteer positions. As we've learned this year, many volunteer opportunities can be complete remotely, just a couple hours a month can make a HUGE difference in supporting our school.
We appreciate all you do! We have a lot of activities and updates for the month of March, so please keep reading below and reach out to volunteer or participate!
Mark Your Calendars!
- 3/16 - MDUSD School Board Special Meeting on Reopening, open session at 5:30pm
- 3/17 - Story Night with Mrs. Dunn at 7:15pm
- 3/18 - Return to School Info Night at 7:30pm
- 3/23 - PFC 21/22 Budget Committee Meeting at 7pm
- 3/23-3/24 - Shop to Donate at Kendra Scott (all day)
- 3/24 - Dine to Donate at Gott's Roadside (all day)
- 3/31 - PFC sponsored Staff Appreciation monthly lunch (contact this month's volunteer Stacy Scanlan to help out)
- 3/31 - Bobcat Reading Challenge ends
- 4/2 - NO SCHOOL: Cesar Chavez Day
- 4/5-4/9: NO SCHOOL: Spring Recess
- 4/13 - PFC April Meeting at 7PM
- 4/15 - Virtual Author Visit for 2nd/3rd grades at 11am
- 4/20 - Virtual Author Visit for 4th/5th grades at 1pm
- 4/21 - Virtual Author Visit for K/1st grades at 10am
- 5/3-5/7 - Teacher Appreciation Week
- Please reach out to Sarah Rhodes to volunteer to organize Monday's "stock the staff lounge", Wednesday's appreciation lunch, or Friday's "Dessertapoolza"
- President, Vice President, VP of Communications, VP of Fundraising, VP of Strategic Funds, Recording Secretary
Our bylaws require a slate be presented at the April meeting, please consider a role!
- See our up-to-date progress here: https://bit.ly/bobcats-read-chart
- Kinder and 1st grade will get to meet Peter H. Reynolds, who will be discussing his book The Word Collector, on April 21 from 10am-10:30am.
- 2nd and 3rd grade students will be visited by Sandra Markle, who will dive into her book What If You Could Sniff Like a Shark?, on April 15 from 11am-11:30am.
- 4th and 5th grade students will hear from Jen Bryant, who will talk more about Six Dots: The Story of Young Louis Braille, which we have been reading together in celebration of the CA Young Reader Medal nominees. This visit will be April 20, from 1-2pm.
- 3/9-3/19 See's Candy Online Store: Order online, shipped directly to your home! Share the link with family and friends and enjoy a sweet spring treat! https://www.yumraising.com/secure/bancroftes_bancroft_outdoor_education_fund87/candy?h=Ann_Row4557&c=ot1611
- 3/29 Dinner Takeout: Must pre-order by 3/27! Chef Jeff and Roma are at it again! Order your $15 meal box that includes Chicken Enchiladas, Spanish Rice, Vegetable and Chips & Salsa. All HOMEMADE and DELICIOUS! Pick up between 4-6pm at 860 Bancroft Road (kitchen at Faith Christian church). Contact Roma/Jeff at 408-667-6298 to place your order.
Thank you to all who have donated to the Dollar-A-Day (DAD) Campaign and the Move-a-thon!
Have you asked your employer yet if they will match your donation?? Bancroft PFC is a 501c3 non-profit. Here is the information you may need for that paperwork:
- Bancroft PFC Tax-ID#: #68-0014955
- MDUSD’s NCES District ID#: 0626370
- Bancroft’s NCES School ID#: 062637003935
Click here for more information on the little things you can do that add up for our school! Download these Apps today to generate easy money for the school at not additional cost to you!
DROP OFF YOUR BOXTOPS! Please drop off unexpired clipped boxtops to the office at your next material pick-up day!