Bobcat Tracks Monthly Newsletter
November 2020 and www.bancroftpfc.org
What a whirlwind of a month it has been! We have one more week left before the week of Thanksgiving Break. I know reopening plans are weighing heavy on your minds. I too wish we had more information, but I encourage each family to read Dr. Clark’s weekly Friday Letters (https://www.mdusd.org/fridayletter). Stay informed, stay engaged, and raise your voice through emailing the District and the Board and by participating in our Board of Education meetings (https://www.mdusd.org/boardmeetings).
A big thank you to Ms. Finn, MDUSD counselor for her presentation 11/10 before the PFC meeting: Supporting Your Children with Distance Learning: Coping with Anxiety and Stress. To review the materials and valuable resources, please visit: https://tinyurl.com/LessStressBobcat.
We are very excited to announce our all new MOVEATHON ! This fun event will take place the week of December 7-11 and will get your students moving while raising funds for our school This year, PFC has doubled down on teacher material funds to support our teachers and picked up the tab for Ready Math since the District is no longer providing this program to our students. More information is below and will be coming out this week on how to register your student, solicit donations, and participate in this great weeklong event! Thank you to Andrea Chertoff and Jessica Aguilar for stepping up to run this new event this year!
Looking for ways to help others this season? MDUSD’s Homeless Outreach Program for Education (HOPE) is asking for gift cards and donations to support our for homeless students. Please consider – additional information is included below.
Thank you all for your continued support of our teachers and students. This community is at our best with we come together.
PFC Financials Update
Here is a graph showing our year-to-date income vs projected total expenses. You can still donate to our Dollar-A-Day campaign here.
MOVE-A-THON!! – December 7-11, 2020
GET READY BOBCATS! Move-A-Thon is coming! Help Bancroft raise funds while moving all week long from the comfort of your own home, yard, or neighborhood!
- Great prizes for participation and fundraising – at the student and class level!
- Fun kickoff event for the entire school on Dec 7 with Sabia Pinheiro, 2nd grade parent.
- More info coming soon: http://www.bancroftpfc.org/moveathon.html
- Volunteers needed! We are looking for parents who can lead a 30-minute schoolwide fitness class on Wednesday, 12/9 to keep our momentum going all week long! Do you teach Zumba, martial arts, or any other family-friendly type of aerobic activity? Contact Andre or Jessica today!
You don't want to miss it!
- Over 6,000 items, including new releases, best sellers, and value packs
- A Virtual Fair shopping experience
- All orders ship direct to home
- FREE shipping on book-only orders over $25
Can’t wait to “see” you at the Fair!
Library Book Pickup (& Returns!) This WeekCozy up with some good books for Thanksgiving Break! Place holds by the end of the day Tuesday, Nov. 17, to pick up new library books this Thursday or Friday, Nov. 19 or 20. Be sure to return any library books you currently have on Thursday or Friday, too, so others can enjoy them!
Please submit your donation by November 30th to allow time to buy and catalog all books to be ready for check-out in January 2021. Sign up here.
Dine to Donate
- Our Mooyah Dine to Donate night was a great success, bringing in $550 dollars!
- Join us for the next event at Chipotle on Wednesday, November 18th from 4pm-8pm. Flyer attached.
- A big thank you to Anna Rowe for planning these monthly opportunities!
Bancroft Garden Update from Mrs. Burns
The Bancroft Elementary garden is quieting down as winter approaches. Cover crops have been planted, winter crops that need less light and prefer cooler temperatures are slowly growing and there are tree seedlings still in need of a babysitter. If you are able to care for another seedling, please pick up a seedling in the garden. Seedlings are under the oak tree near room B4.
SUPPORT OUR MOST VULNERABLE STUDENTS
Konstella Messaging Issues?
- Are you having issues receiving messages on Konstella? You may want to check your settings since Konstella updated their default settings at the beginning of the school year. Go to "Account Settings", then "Notifications", and there you can change how and when you would like to receive notifications for messages sent via Konstella.
- There are many opportunities to volunteer at Bancroft - we are just figuring out how to implement this critical support during distance learning. Remember, to volunteer in the classroom you must be approved through MDUSD (fingerprint and TB clearance). To schedule your appointment, please visit: https://www.mdusd.org/fingerprintingsignups
Look for Volunteer Sign-ups on Konstella, both school-wide and in your classrooms!
Click here for more information on the little things you can do that add up for our school! Download these Apps today to generate easy money for the school at not additional cost to you!