Connecting our Community
Letter from our PFC President
Dear Bobcat Families,
Thank you for volunteering your precious time and giving your hard-earned money to Bancroft Elementary. As we, the Bancroft PFC, strive to inspire all students to love learning by providing
compelling enrichment opportunities, enhancing the educational experience, and fostering a
supportive community. Here are a few highlights:
- We have filled the following PFC positions:
- Auditor-Thank you, Romina Pons
- Parent Advisory Committee (PAC) Rep- Jenea Elem-Cabrera and Melissa Sanders
- The Bancroft traffic committee, Mrs. Schuler, the MDUSD Director of Maintenance and Operation, Walnut Creek City Traffic Engineers, and the Walnut Creek Police Department have met and are assessing our traffic situation.
- The school makers faire showcased our very own makers and scientists. This was a free, fun night for the entire family. Thank you, Clair Boomer, for organizing a great event.
- The Walnut Creek Community Service Day was a great success. All Bobcat paw prints were repainted and garden was spruced up by volunteers of all ages. Thank you, Matt Gould, for leading this amazing crew.
These are the areas where we still need help:
- PFC Positions still needed:
- Book Fair Coordinator - Contact Sandra Heinen for more information.
- Please support and/or volunteer for:
- Fall Fest this Saturday
- Walk-a-thon next Friday
- Many teachers are still looking for classroom volunteers now that student assessments are done. Please sign up for the the First 40 volunteers on Konstella.
- Our gardening teacher, Mrs. Burns, is looking for help on Mondays in the garden. Please contact her for more information.
- Please follow all Bancroft traffic regulations to ensure the safety of our children.
Thank you for your continued support! I hope you have a great day, the Bancroft way!
President, Bancroft PFC
Upcoming Dates - Please Mark Your Calendars!
Please visit Konstella or the Bancroft PFC website for the full calendar events and all event details! Also follow @BancroftPFC on facebook!
- 10/19 - Dine 2 Donate at Chipotle
- 10/20 - Fall Fest, 2-6pm
- Click here to volunteer - support needed for EVERY classroom!
- 10/26 - Walk-a-Thon, during school hours
- Click here to volunteer - support needed for each walk time!
- 10/30 - Make up picture day
- 10/31 - Kindergarten Halloween Parades
- 11/7 - Dine 2 Donate at Sorrentos
- 11/12 - Veteran's Day, School Closed
- 11/13 - PFC Meeting, 7pm
- 11/13-16 - 5th Grade Outdoor Education Field Trip
- 11/19-23 - Thanksgiving Break, School Closed
Drop off & Pedestrian Safety
Did you know that the safest and QUICKEST way to get to campus is to use Arkell Road? Making turns at Claiborne and Parish actually takes more time and crosses through crosswalks where our little ones walk. Please avoid vehicular traffic through this crosswalk and review the QUICKEST WAY to get to school here.
Also - please obey all crossing guard instructions. As a pedestrian, wait for their signal that it okay to cross. As a car, NEVER proceed through while the crossing guard or other pedestrians are in the crosswalk
Thank to you all the families who have supported Bancroft PFC through the Dollar-A-Day, Excellence in Education Fund, and taking the time to double their donation through their employers matching gift program!
The funds raised by the Bancroft PFC go towards funding classroom instruction assistants, and supporting valuable student programs, such as the Garden, Art Appreciation, the STEAM Lab, and many more.
As of September 30th, we are at 57% of our fundraising goal, nearly half way there!
Jennifer Enson, PFC Treasurer
Dine 2 Donate - October 19th, all day
The next D2D event is at Chipotle in Concord on Friday, October 19th from opening until closing. 50% of the sales will go to Bancroft!
Please find the paper flyer that was in your child's folder/backpack. There should be some extra copies in the school office.
Fall Fest - October 20th, 2-6pm
Our annual Bancroft Fall Fest is on October 20th from 2pm-6pm. It is a great community event where kids can dress up in costume if they want, and spend time enjoying games, entertainment and concessions. Fall Fest is also a fundraisers to help current 4th graders raise money towards the Outdoor Education field trip in the fall of 2019 when they are 5th graders. Fourth grade parents traditionally organize the Fall Fest, but it takes parents from all the grades to volunteer and help make it a success.
- NEW GOLDEN SCHU RAFFLE - New this year will be a "Golden Schu" raffle ($10 a ticket) where the winner will get to be "Principal for a Day". Tickets are $10. As noted on order form - do not need to be present to win this raffle.
- PRE-SALE TICKETS - Order forms were sent home with students last week. Return your pre-sale form with a check made out to Bancroft PFC. Tickets will be held at will call.
- CAKE DECORATING CONTEST - The winner, as decided by our kindergarteners, will get 2 golden raffle tickets. The cakes for the contest can be left at the MUR on Friday the 19th between hours of 7:30-9am. In addition, we are also accepting donations of baked goods (home made or store bought) for the fall fest cake walk on the 19th at the MUR from between hours of 7:30-9am and 2:45-3:15pm and on the 20th (day of the Fall Fest) in the B-pod from 12pm-2pm. Please bring all baked goods on plates or in containers that don't need to be returned.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - Each year, volunteers from all classes are needed to help support Bancroft's annual Fall Festival. To make this event a success, we need everyone's help - as a thank you we will be giving out 10 free tickets to everyone who volunteers during the festival. You do NOT have to have MDUSD fingerprint clearance to volunteer for this event. Bancroft Alumni are also welcome and invited to be volunteers at the Fall Fest!
All students, friends, and family are invited to dress up in their Halloween best and have fun. We look forward to seeing you and your family at this fun community event!
If you have any questions or know of any Bancroft Alumni who would like to help out during the event, please contact Tatyana.
Walk A Thon Fun!, October 26th, during school
Walk-a-thon is coming up on October 26th and pledge envelopes + t-shirt order forms have been sent home with your child. Student run times are below.
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - You do NOT have to have MDUSD fingerprint clearance to volunteer for this event on the field. Volunteer roles take an hour or less!
- SIGN UP at 99PLEDGES to receive pledges online! The process is simple and takes 2 minutes or less. Just go to https://99pledges.com/fund/bancroftelementary/addme
- Important dates:
- October 16 - T-Shirt orders due
- October 22 - Empty Pledge Envelopes due
- October 26th EVENT TIMES:
- 8:15-9:15a - 3rd & 4th grade
- 10-11a - 1st grade, 2nd grade, AM and SLIP Kinders
- 1:15-2:15p - 5th grade & PM Kinders
Family Night - School Makers Faire Success!
Thank you to all the families who participated in our Makers Faire! There were so many creative, interactive, fun stations for all the families who came to enjoy! Here are a few pictures from the evening.
Ongoing Fundraisers - Click here for more information on the little things you can do that add up for our school!