Bay Farm Families,
The 6th annual Bay Farm Science & Engineering Fair is coming up soon!
The fair will be held in the MPR this Friday, Feb 7th.
Event judges will include scientists from the Lawrence Hall of Science, Cal State East Bay, and several other local biotech companies and schools as well as several Alameda city leaders.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you may register your student at https://forms.gle/EuuikFuW8i8qud9j7
For more information, please take a look at our on-line resources.
Poster boards are still available in the MPR- one per project.
Additional information for the event:
- Boards can be dropped off 7:30 - 8:30 am in the MPR. Make sure you have filled out the physical board entry sheet available in the on line packet with your registration number.
- Students will discuss their projects for ~5-10 minutes with the event judges and will be escorted to and from class by parent volunteers.
- Since the event is being held on a minimum day this year, we are aware that we will need to keep to a tight schedule to be sure that all judging is completed by the time school ends.
- The awards event will be held Friday evening with poster viewing from 6:00pm-8:00pm and the awards ceremony beginning at 7:00pm
- Once dropped off in the morning, student boards will remain in the MPR until the end of the awards ceremony at which time they should be taken home.
- Top middle school student projects will be invited to advance to the county science fair to be held March 6-8. More info will be provided the evening of the 7th.
We are still looking for parent volunteers to help with board drop off and to escort students to & from the MPR 9am - 12:30 pm
And If you work in a STEM field and you or your colleagues are interested in being a judge for the Science & Engineering Fair please contact
Looking forward to this years event!
The S&E Fair team