Tue, Jan 22 9:08am
Bay Farm School
Hello Bay Farm Families,
As the federal government shut down continues we wanted to share information on some of the help available for federal employees:
- Free and Reduced School Meals - Are you a federal worker who is having trouble paying for food for your AUSD student(s) because of the government shutdown? You can apply for Free and Reduced Meals on our Food and Nutrition Services page. Enter "0" in the field that asks for current income. When the government shutdown ends (and you begin receiving income again), please contact us to update your information.
- Alameda Food Bank - Members of the Coast Guard or any other federal workers can access the food bank regardless of their normal income at 1900 Thau Way. More information here.
- East Bay Coast Guard Spouses Club - Are coordinating various efforts to help families and can be contacted at Eastbayspouses@gmail.com.
If you are not directly affected and would like to help those who are here are two local ways to help:
- All Good Living is selling a fundraiser t-shirt with proceeds going directly to Alameda Coast Guard families.
- The Local Alameda (1333 Park Street) has been collecting dry goods for Coast Guard families and needs your support! Stop by to donate food and cleaning goods, pet food, baby wipes, formula, toiletries, and more. Gift cards are also very appreciated. This will continue as long as the shut down is happening.