Thank you to the 55+ attendees at Bayside's 1st PTA meeting and Parent Ed Event on Tuesday morning. It was heartening to see so many parents dedicated to excellence in education. Our next PTA meeting will be on Wednesday evening, September 19th at 7pm.
A few highlights from Tuesday's meeting:
- The Bayside PTA voted unanimously to endorse Measure V - a parcel tax on the November 6th ballot. If passed, the $298 per parcel tax will generate approx. $10 million per year to fund:
- Attracting and retaining excellent teachers and staff
- Providing outstanding reading, writing, math, and science programs
- Improving programs, including science, technology, engineering, and math
- Supporting art, drama, and music programs
- Please join us in campaigning for this critically important measure: Vote for Measure V. And, consider attending the Yes on V Kick-off Fundraiser on Sat., Sept. 8th, 1-4pm: a family-friendly event with campaign info, food, and live Cuban music.
- Principal Cosmos shared that they've had a great start for the new year as a K-8. He praised the collaborative efforts of Bayside staff and parents, including the Parent Ed series with Bayside Counsellor Ms. Alexander and K-8 community building efforts.
- Sue Aquipel, VP Membership, thanked everyone who's already joined the PTA and encouraged all parents to join - join today and get the cool Bayside car magnet! Reminder: membership is $10/person; $25/family and is separate from a PTA donation.
- Nick Hoh, Clubs Coordinator, reported that he'll be sharing more info. about 6th-8th grade Clubs in mid-September. Bayside Clubs are run by teachers and parents. Interested in running one? Contact Nick: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Treasurer Shana Orton presented a detailed report on the PTA budget and recent expenditures.
- Bayside parent Liz Yeager shared on the Ed Foundation - a District-wide foundation that funds K-5 music and Middle School Sports. There are two events happening RUN2FunD Education and a READ-A-THON.
The meeting was followed by Ms. Alexander's Back-to-School workshop which was chock-full of strategies and organizational ideas to help our kids thrive academically. We'll share her Powerpoint presentation via Konstella - make sure to check it out!
Thank you again for being a part of your child's education and the Bayside Community.
Bayside parent/PTA president