We had a terrific PTSA meeting on Wednesday evening which included a Parent Ed event about friendship and bullying. Thank you to the 30+ parents, teachers and staff who attended.
Before the recap, I want to express gratitude that the SMFCSD and SMETA came to an agreement yesterday on an employment contract. It is a great relief that a strike is no longer pending and we appreciate the efforts of both parties to find a solution.
- PTSA or PTA? We held a discussion about whether to remain a PTSA or be a PTA. Some like changing to a PTA because it's a simpler and more recognizable. The discussion isn't over yet as we are still updating our bylaws. If you want to provide input about this, please contact our parliamentarian: Joy Marilla via Konstella or email firstname.lastname@example.org +/or attend our next PTSA meeting on January 24th, 8:20am.
- The Bayside Book Fair is next week, including Wednesday evening, 5-7pm, to coincide with the STEM Science Fair. Signup to help if you can: http://bit.ly/baysidebookfair.
- The Bayside PTSA is 461 members strong! Woo-hoo! Not yet a member? Signup online today - it's only $10 and important, plus you get a cool Bayside car magnet.
- Amazon shoppers: 2.5% of your Amazon purchases will be donated to the Bayside PTSA when you make your purchases through the Konstella Amazon link (2%)and select "Bayside STEM PTSA" for the Amazon Smile Program (.5%). Bookmark the Konstella Amazon page and use it for all your Amazon purchases!
- Why your donations matter? The Bayside PTSA is actively investing your generously donated funds into our students, including: STEM education & equipment, teacher reimbursements, educational assemblies, and sports uniforms and supplies. If you haven't donated to the PTSA yet and plan to do so, you can do so online: K-5 STEAM program or the 6-8 STEM program.
Thank you for being a part of this thriving community we have here at Bayside. Go Eagles!
Sharon Vause/PTSA President