Fri, Feb 23 6:00pm-8:00pm
The February Monthly Theme focuses on Black Culture and History! This includes African, African American, and Caribbean cultures. The staff point persons for this month is Mrs. Mailaika and Mrs. Didi. Here is what will be going on throughout the night!
- Classrooms and halls will be filled with music!
- Families will start in their classroom and are encouraged to visit other classrooms as well.
- The Community Potluck will also celebrate Black History Month. As a result, families are encouraged to bring dishes that are culturally representative of the African Diaspora but are not required to. There are two sign-up sheets—one for the general potluck that class representatives are circulating and another for cultural dishes (click here to sign up to bring cultural dish)
- Each classroom will have coloring sheets of prominent African Americans that are featured in the lobby for children to complete if they wish along with a craft in the family room.
- Dance! In the lobby area at 6:45 and 7:30 (Electric slide, cupid shuffle, and more)