Hello Breakthrough Families!
Welcome back from spring break! I hope you and your family had a wonderful time. This email contains details about Teacher Appreciation Week and how your family can be involved.
Teacher Appreciation Week--Details
Teacher Appreciation Week is May 6-10. Here's what we're doing to celebrate our guides and staff.
- Monday, May 6: Staff gift grab bag. During their afternoon meeting, staff members will select a gift (donated by parents) from a grab bag.
- Wednesday, May 8: Staff breakfast at both campuses. Parents will provide staff members with breakfast at both school locations. Please see the Konstella sign up sheet to sign up to bring an breakfast item.
- Friday, May 10: SHA Gift. The SHA will provide all staff members with a $50 cash gift. (This money was raised by the Breakthrough community during our fall fundraising campaign.)
Your Help Needed
To make Teacher Appreciation Week a success, I need your help. Here's how you can be involved:
- We need each classroom to donate FOUR GIFTS for the grab bag. Gifts should be no more than $20 in value, and we encourage them to be non-perishable items. (Here's an example of some of the gifts parents have pledged so far: hand sewn tote bags, a batch of homemade granola, essential oils, homemade tomatillo salsa, coffee beans, chocolate, homemade jam.) We hope these gifts reflect the creativity and spirit of our school community!
- If you prefer to donate a gift card to a local restaurant or shop, that would also be appreciated!
- If you (or a friend or family member) have an item to donate for the grab bag, please contact me so I can arrange pick up: (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- All items must be donated by Friday, May 3.
- A sign up form for the breakfast on May 8 is up on Konstella. Please sign up on that form if you wish to bring an item for the staff breakfast.
- During the week of May 6-10, encourage your student to make and deliver thank you notes for guides and staff. (Don't forget to thank our administration and support staff!)
If you have any questions about Teacher Appreciation Week at Breakthrough, feel free to email me, Jane Olson, at email@example.com
Thanks for your support! Looking forward to a wonderful week of celebration.