Fri, Nov 17 11:07am
Good afternoon, All,
Please see the FUSD Board 11/15/2017 Meeting Highlights as attached:
In a nutshell:
- Board appointed Ms. Amanda Melsby (American High School AP) as the new Irvington High School Principal.
- Annual Demographic Report shows student population has increased by about 3,100 in the past 7 years; and estimates 6,311 more students from 2016-2017.
- 12 classrooms (6 science labs + 6 regular classrooms) will be added at Washington High School. Total cost is not to exceed $15.4M. Funding will be out of the remaining Measure E Program emergency fund.
- Board received the Presentation of K-8 Mandarin Immersion Program and discussed possible solutions for expansion.
- FUSD entered into an agreement for 2017-2018 with the City of Fremont Youth & Family Services (YFS) to provide student mental health counseling services and other programs using different funding sources.
- Board entered into an agreement for 2017-2018 with CircleUp Education to provide some staff for professional development to strengthen the District's commitment to creating safe and welcome learning environments for all students.
- Board signed its Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with various agencies to continue providing mental and behavioral health services for students who require such services as part of their Individualized Education Program (IEP)
Have a good evening,