PTA’s Spring Talent Show!
Sunday, January 26, 2020
from 10:00am - 1:00pm
Rules and Deadlines
Important Dates: Participants and Emcees MUST be present for ALL FOUR dates, for their ENTIRE session time.
- Wednesday, March 11, 2020 - Audition for Grades TK-2 1:30-2:15pm, for Grades 3-6 2:30-3:15pm
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020 - Rehearsal 1:30-3:00pm
- Friday, March 20, 2020 - Talent Show Family Performance 6:00-7:30pm
- Wednesday, March 25, 2020 - Talent Show School Assembly (For students and staff only.)
- Please visit the Google Form to sign-up and register student(s) information and performance details.
Registration Form Link: https://tinyurl.com/TalentShow2020Registration
- Online Registration opens on Sunday, January 26, 2020 from 10:00am - 1:00pm.
- Each student can register for only one performance.
- At the time of registration, you must have your performance details ready:
- Category - Group/Solo
- Lyrics (translated into English meaning) if applicable
- Name of song/music/dance recording, if using pre-recorded/copyrighted material.
- Each performance must conform to the strict time limit: a maximum of 1.5 to 2 minutes only.
- For group performance, the maximum group size is limited to 6 participants.
- Registration does not automatically qualify you for the audition. Entries will be selected for audition to ensure as much variety and grade level participation as possible, and reviewed in the order received (so sign up earlier rather than later).
- If selected to proceed for audition, we will email you the necessary details for audition separately. Audition is not a guarantee of final selection.
IMPORTANT: Emcee Information - Open to Sixth Grade students ONLY. Please follow the same registration process. Students will have to work separately with Talent Show Chair/Director on emcee prep/script for about 2 hrs about 10-14 days before audition. Instructions will be emailed separately to the concerned students.
- Theater (skit/musical/monologue/other)
- Dance (classical/folk/jazz/tap/hip hop/other)
- Vocal (singing/monologue/mimicry)
- Percussion Instruments (piano/drums/other)
- String and Wind Instruments (guitar/violin/flute/other)
- Music, lyrics, choreography, costumes have to be age-appropriate.
- Costumes as per school dress code. Please see FUSD Dress Code: FUSD Dress Code - updated October 2019
- Lyrics and choreography should be appropriate for school audience.
- At the time of registration, either the lyrics or the translated English meaning, if applicable MUST be submitted. (ex. If you are dancing to a certain song or using song for background, etc.)