Brookvale PTA will be offering free Virtual BikeMobile sessions provided by the Alameda County Safe Routes to Schools Program. Brookvale students and their families are invited to join for one or all of the interactive, 30-40 minute, after-school presentations which are suitable for viewing indoors. (Being outside with a bicycle is not necessary.) The topics covered, recommended age groups, and registration link for each presentation are listed below. Registration is required for each session. Zoom link will be emailed once registration is submitted. Please register soon, as too few registrations may mean sessions will be canceled.
Raffle Prizes! At each session, one attendee will win a prize package (valued at $60) consisting of a U-lock, floor pump, and light set.
Tues. 3/9 at 3:30pm - Bike Types & Fit - all grades
- Learn which bike is best for you.
- Wacky bike inventions.
- How to fit your bike to your body.
Wed. 3/10 at 3:30pm - Pre-Ride ABC Bike Check - grades 3-6
- Learn how to check your tires, brakes, and chain for damage before you leave your house.
- Learn about the best equipment to bring on your next ride.
Thurs. 3/11 at 3:30pm - Flat Tire Repair - grades 4-6
- Learn about the common causes of flat tires.
- Learn how to patch an inner tube.
- Learn how to remove & install your wheel.