Hello Pioneer families,
Here are a few ways you can help the community during this crisis. If signing up to volunteer, please make sure you are not considered an at-risk individual and take all precautions necessary.
1. Please donate generously to FUSS providing free bagged meals to FUSD Title 1 students in need of lunch. Once you enter the information in the form at the link below and press "submit", it will take you to PayPal.
2. You can also sign up to distribute bagged lunches from FUSS at designated locations at the link below. All slots are full for now, but please check back for future dates.
3. If you are a healthy young adult with low-risk factors for getting COVID-19, you can sign up to be paired with an elder in our community who could use your help over the next several weeks.
4. Our Sikh neighbors have opened their pantry to the needy during these difficult times. Please share this information with anyone eligible.
5. Some of the local stores such as Safeway, Target, Whole Foods, Smart & Final, and Walmart have launched separate hours for the elderly to shop. Please pass on the information.
Whole Foods: 8 to 9 a.m. daily
Safeway & Albertsons: Tuesdays & Thursdays, 7 to 9 a.m.
Target - First hour of every store's opening hour each Wednesday
Walmart - First hour of every store's opening hour each Tuesday
Smart & Final - 7.30 to 8 a.m., daily
Thanks and stay safe!