We are inviting all Chadbourne Elementary School Students to enter their drawings in our Yearbook Cover Design
The winning selection will be displayed on the front cover of our 2023-2024 yearbook. The top nine runners-up artwork will appear on the back cover of the yearbook. All art work may be used as clipart in the yearbook.
First Prize: Design featured on the yearbook cover and a FREE yearbook
Cover theme : CHADBOURNE TO ME- draw whatever they envision school means to them - so it can cover a favorite spot in school like classroom, library, lunch area, a favorite subject, a favorite activity, or the school building.
Contest Rules :
- Art must be on a plain(unlined) 8.5"x11” paper with vertical orientation.
- Only 2-D artwork will be accepted (no pop-ups).
- Please SCAN your artwork, DO NOT take a picture of it with your cell phone. Scans must be high resolution, preferably 300 DPI. Save the scanned file as a JPG, TIF or PDF.
- Artwork MUST INCLUDE:
- School name: Joshua Chadbourne Elementary School
- School year: 2023-2024
- Entries with abbreviations or spelling errors will be disqualified.
- Please submit all entries to your student's teacher
- Students may also email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only ONE entry per student.
- DO NOT sign your artwork. Write your full name and room number on the back of the artwork paper in pencil.
- ALL WORK MUST BE ORIGINAL! Use of commercial or licensed characters, trademarks and logos, copyrighted or offensive material will disqualify your entry.
- No Tracing is allowed
- Artwork must be submitted no later than Wednesday, November 8th, 2023.
- Late entries will not be accepted
- Failing to follow the contest rules may disqualify your entry.
- You can use any medium to design the cover: colored pencils, crayons, watercolors, markers, etc.
- Leave a ½” bleed border around the edge of your artwork. No text should be within ½” of the edges of the page. Bleed is like a border all around the page, color that too.
- Fill all the space with colors even the bleed border.
- Use brighter colors and stay away from neon colors.
- Remember that small writing and small pictures can be hard to see. Use the whole sheet of paper!
- Neat and legible handwriting is a plus.
- Questions? email email@example.com
- All rules and guidelines are included in the attached PDF as well.
All the best and have fun !
Yearbook Chair 23-34