Greetings Parents and Teachers! Welcome back! We hope you had a fabulous summer.
Besides the College Park PTA Fall Drive, Panda Parties is our PTA’s largest annual fundraiser. Panda Parties are events hosted by parents and teachers. Parties can be family friendly, kids only, or adults only. Hosts assume the cost of the event and take care of party logistics. Attendees pay the PTA to attend the party. Panda Parties are a great way to meet families and raise money for our PTA, giving your student the gift of education!!
Below are some different ways to make this a success:
1) Be part of the Panda Party Committee, 1st meeting will be on Wednesday, 8/21/19 at 8:15am in the gym after drop off. Please email Winnie Tungpagasit firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
2) Be a Panda Party Host. Click here to sign up by Monday, 9/9/19.
3) Buy Panda Parties. Sale will begin on Sunday, 9/29/19 at 6 p.m.
Let's make this coming year a great one for the PTA and our kids by being part of the Panda Party Committee and/or hosting some amazing Panda Parties!!
Not sure how to host a Panda Party? Read on...
How to host a Panda Party:
Who: You are the host! Feel free to host the event solo, or team up with other parents or teachers to co-host an event.
What: Think of a party idea! The party can be small or large. Consider # of attendees, age range and ticket price. Let the committee know if you need help with these details.
When: Choose a Date & Time.
Where: Choose a location. You can host the workshop at a home, park or other location. If using a public venue that has a rental fee, ask the facility to donate the rental fee, if possible. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate family-hosted workshops on the College Park campus unless you partner with a teacher.
How: To host a party, please fill out the google form here. Then, start organizing the event! A Panda Party Committee member will furnish your list of attendees so you can start communicating with them about the party details.
The deadline for Party idea submission is Monday, September 9.
Need a Party idea?
Don't be shy! The committee can help you explore ideas & provide guidance.
Parties can be kid-only, parent-only or family friendly.
Parties can be limited to certain grades.
- Families love to get together. Examples: Camping, Family Game Night.
- Parents love parties where they can drop off the kids for a few hours so that they can enjoy date night. Example: Pizza night and a DVD movie at your house for 6-8 kids;
- Parents also love parties where they enjoy good food and/or good company. Example: Cooking Class & Dinner Party, Chinese dinner for 4 families, Wine Appreciation, Poker Night.
- Kids love to learn new skills. Examples: Coding, Preparing Sushi, Hip Hop Dance.
- Kids love to get together to play popular games. Examples: Scavenger Hunt, Minecraft, Pokemon, Laser Tag.
Questions? Please contact Winnie Tungpagasit (email@example.com).
The 2019-20 Panda Party Committee