College Park Elementary School - 2020-2021 Fall Fundraising
Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! Even though we are remote, College Park is fortunate to be able to supplement our school with critical resources that benefit all students. We do this through three non-profit organizations: The College Park PTA (PTA), Friends of Mandarin Scholars (FMS), and the San Mateo Foster City Ed Foundation (SMFCEF).
The goals of these organizations are to foster a sense of community and provide additional resources that are NOT covered by state funding. During these uncertain times, our children need the additional academic support and community connectedness more than ever. In the past, we have been able to raise funds through a variety of in-person activities and direct donations. But, given these unusual times, the Fall Fundraising will be our largest and primary fundraiser of the year.
The suggested donation is $1,250 per child (PTA donation: $500 per child; FMS donation: $500 per child; and SMFCEF donation: $250 per child). We know for some families, these may be financially difficult times, so please consider donating as much as you are comfortable giving, whether that's more or less than the suggested amounts. All amounts are welcome and any amount helps your child.
This year, the College Park PTA, through your generous donations will fund the following:
- Five staff positions – two English aides, Science coordinator, Art coordinator, and a
- Resources and support for teachers and supplies – teacher training, learning software and supplies, including take home art and science materials so students can continue to have a hands on learning experience.
- Community engagement programs – Art & Science Day, Literacy Week, Staff Appreciation, and new virtual programs are in the works.
As part of our PTA Fall Drive, everyone who donates will receive a child College Park face mask and, like last year, there will be a competition among classes with participation prizes. See flyer attached for more details.
While our need is $500 per child, our goal for the PTA Fall Drive is 100% Participation.
Go to https://www.collegeparkpta.com/donate and donate today!
Friends of Mandarin Scholars – FMS was established in April 2011 to raise funds to support the Mandarin Immersion programs in the San Mateo Foster City School District. FMS’ mission is to provide a quality Mandarin program for our children. The money raised funds the following:
- Mandarin Teaching Aides at College Park who make small group learning possible
- Mandarin enrichment instructors and a Mandarin Teaching Aide at Bayside Academy
- Professional development for Mandarin educators at College Park and Bayside
- Mandarin-specific classroom materials, computers and computer applications at College Park and Bayside
- Student participation in events (e.g., College Park participation in San Francisco Chinese New Year Parade; Bayside Mandarin program End of Year Celebration of Learning)
The suggested donation is $500 per child, but any amount is welcome! No donation is too small to help support FMS and the Mandarin programs. Please make your donations today at http://mandarinscholars.org/donate/
For more information, visit our website at mandarinscholars.org
San Mateo Foster City Education Foundation supports and enhances public education in the 20 elementary and middle schools in the San Mateo Foster City School District. To accomplish this, we raise funds to support Music, STEM, Art and Athletics in our district. In addition, this year we are focusing efforts to raise money to provide much needed Chromebooks and school supplies.
The suggested donation is $250 per child. See flyer attached for more details.