Welcome to this Week’s PTA Weekly Press!
Vol I, No 13. Apr 28, 2020.
Every Tuesday during the school year, you will find CP PTA related information in the PTA Weekly Press. These are this week’s items:
- PTA Annual Meeting & Election: Wednesday, April 29, 2020 at 7pm via Zoom
- A Conversation with the Principal – immediately after the PTA election.
- Home for Spring Chicks (thank you Ms. Yeh)!
- Follow CP parent and City Councilwoman Amourence Lee
- College Park alum makes good!
- Contact Info of PTA Board of Directors
- PTA Annual Meeting & Election
Here is the link to join the PTA Annual Meeting and Election scheduled for this Wednesday evening at 7 pm: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/79194541576?pwd=d3VUT3AyQXAzV1gvTi91c0Z2T21MUT09
Topic: PTA Annual Meeting & Election
Time: Apr 29, 2020 07:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 791 9454 1576
The agenda with the slate of candidates prepared by the PTA Nominating Committee, and bylaws are attached.
- A Conversation with CP Principal – Concerns of Parents and Students over DL; what’s working; what’s not working.
“A conversation with The Principal” takes place immediately after the election. The principal and host, our president-elect will have a conversation about the concerns of parents and students over Distance Learning. And, if you have any questions you would like the principal to address, email your questions by no later than noon, Wednesday, April 29, 2020, to email@example.com Subject line: Ques for Principal.
- Home for Spring Chicks. (Thank you Ms. Meredith Yeh)
Calling Chicken Enthusiasts!
For the past couple of years, Ms. Linda and First grade have been hatching chicks as a part of the science curriculum. It is a really exciting project - fun not just for the first graders, but for the whole school. It addresses science standards across grade levels and is just a special experience for the kids.
We would like to do this again this year - remotely of course - and share with the first graders and the rest of the school the experience virtually, but we have to have a home for the chicks to go to once they grow a little bit. If any of you have a backyard chicken coop, and your chickens are looking for some friends, please let Mrs. Yeh know. OR, if you have been wanting to see what it's like to have fresh eggs gathered from your backyard, and are willing to get a coop, let Mrs. Yeh know too! A couple of disclaimers: 1. At the time we would be handing them over to the new owners, I would not know if they are male or female (it is possible at that age to tell... I have not figured it out yet!) and 2. They come with no immunizations (I'm not sure what immunizations chickens need?).
In the past Mr. Gifford, Mr. Jacob and Mr. Lakini have taken the chicks, but their coops are full right now! If you have questions, or would like to find out more, email Mrs. Yeh, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CP parent and City Councilwoman Amo Lee is doing her job in the city council and has been sharing helpful, relevant information on her Facebook page -
5.College Park graduate (her brother is a current CP student) was featured here:
- Contact Info PTA Board of Directors 2019-2020
- Principal Steven Chuang <email@example.com>
- President Jon Wu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Executive VP Pinkey Tsang <email@example.com>
- Secretary Doug Christini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Treasurer Cathy Lin <email@example.com >
- Financial Secretary Jennifer Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- VP Membership John Gieseker <email@example.com>
- VP Programs Shauna Lawry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- VP Fundraising Winnie Tungpagasit <email@example.com>,
- Community Liaison Connie Chang Chinchio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Historian Theresa Shek <email@example.com>
- Auditor Hsuan-Pei Lin <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
- Parliamentarian Allison Ng <email@example.com>