Hello Everyone connected with College Park - Welcome to this Week’s PTA Weekly Press
Vol I, No 3. January 28, 2020.
Every Tuesday during the school year, you will find CP PTA related information in the Weekly Press, such as the below:
Social Emotional Workshop for Parents at the General Assembly Wed 1/29 6:00pm: CP Gym
The next PTA General Assembly is Wednesday, January 29th at 6:00pm, at the CP Gym. See attached for the Agenda.
The GA It will be followed by the Social Emotional Workshop led by our PBIS (Positive Behavioral Intervention and Support) team of teachers and will feature a specialist from our San Mateo-Foster City School District. Teachers/guest speaker will share how parents can help students develop SEL skills. Childcare for K-5th available.
The General Assembly is the time all PTA members to voice their opinions and also decide how we spend PTA funds. If you're not a member you won't have a vote. Easily join the PTA online at www.collegeparkpta.com/donate The membership fee is $10. Questions, please contact VP of Membership John Gieseker.
Election of the 2020-2021 PTA Executive Board
Join the PTA Executive Board – file out the attached form and drop it off at the CP School Office. Contact any current member of the Board. Also feel free to connect with one of the members of the Nominating Committee:
Connie Chang Chinchio firstname.lastname@example.org
Doug Christini email@example.com
Victoria Pao firstname.lastname@example.org
(the two alternates are Catherine Lin and John Gieseker, both Board members)
Panda Parties - There are many, many upcoming Panda Parties waiting for your and/or your child's attendance. Panda Parties are a great way to meet families, raise money for our PTA while building a stronger community!! See attached pdf of available upcoming Panda Parties and on our CP PTA Webstore !
Shopping Links - please remember to use the following links to make your purchases on the following sites to earn cash back for our PTA!!
- https://www.konstella.com/go?url=https%3A%2F%2Fsmile.amazon.com%2F and choose College Park Elementary School PTA as the charity you would like to support.
eScrip - The eScrip program donates a percentage of your purchases made with your credit/debit cards and grocery stories back to our school, at no cost to you. Register your cards on the eScrip website and donations are processed automatically without affecting any credit/debit card rewards/mileage programs.
- Visit https://www.escrip.com and click "Sign Up" - It's Free
- Select "College Park Elementary School"
- Register your grocery loyalty cards & credit/debit cards
Questions contact VP of Fundraising Winnie Tungpagasit
Art & Science Day, Friday, May 1 2020
PTA’s biggest event of the year is dependent on LOTS of parent volunteers. Parents will be needed to lead workshops and chaperone their child’s class. Please be on the lookout for communications over the next several months. If you are interested to learn about A&S Day, please reach out to VP of Programs, Shauna Lawry, on Konstella.
Be the parent in charge of the Club. Contact Community Liaison Connie Chang Chinchio <email@example.com>
College Park PTA Board of Directors
- Principal Steven Chuang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- President Jon Wu <email@example.com>
- Executive VP Pinkey Tsang <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Secretary Doug Christini <email@example.com>
- Treasurer Cathy Lin <firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Financial Secretary Jennifer Li <email@example.com>
- VP Membership John Gieseker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- VP Programs Shauna Lawry <email@example.com>
- VP Fundraising Winnie Tungpagasit <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
- Community Liaison Connie Chang Chinchio <email@example.com>
- Historian Theresa Shek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Auditor Hsuan-Pei Lin <email@example.com>,
- Parliamentarian Allison Ng <firstname.lastname@example.org>