Hope you all had a restful Labor Day weekend. The air doesn’t look so great today but at least it’s not hot!
Here are this week’s items:
- Fall Fundraising
- Virtual Panda Party Hosts Needed
- Panda Party Committee
- San Mateo Foster City School Board Meeting This Thursday
- Site Leader for Bond Measure T Needed
Our Fall Fundraising efforts continue for just 3 more weeks. Suggested donation is $500 each to the PTA and FMS. If you haven't already done so, please donate today!
- Did you know the Mandarin Teaching Aides are fully funded by Friends of Mandarin Scholars (FMS) through donations? Donate today to support the Mandarin immersion program at College Park! Visit mandarinscholars.org for more information.
- Our PTA Fall Drive Class Competition towards 100% participation is on-going, check out the updated status of your child's class and/or donate at PTA Donation!
Virtual Panda Party Hosts Needed!
Yes, we're still going to have Panda Parties this year and so far we have only two (2) parties so we need you to host one (or two)! Panda Parties are events hosted by parents and/or teachers and can be family friendly, kid only, or adults only. In addition to being a great community builder, Panda Parties raise funds for the PTA. Parties occur outside of school hours, must be virtual, and cannot use SMFC resources (e.g. Google classroom or SeeSaw). If you have any questions, please contact Winnie Tungpagasit at email@example.com.
To host a party, please complete this Panda Party Sign Up Form before September 18.
Panda Party Committee
We need 3-5 volunteers to handle backend panda party logistics, data entry, and promotion. Without the necessary volunteers, we will likely need to limit the number of panda parties this year. If interested, please contact Winnie Tungpagasit at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMFC School Board Meeting, Thursday at 6:30
Via teleconference: https://zoom.us/j/91266244263
Zoom ID: 91266244263
To listen to the meetings: One tap mobile +16699009128,,91266244263# US (San Jose)
If you are interested in knowing what’s going on in the school district, it is recommended you attend the district school board meetings that are held about every 2 weeks. Find the agenda for Thursday’s meeting here: 09-10-20 - Agenda
Bond Measure T, College Park Site Lead Needed
College Park still needs a site leader for the Bond Measure T campaign. The site leader will have the following responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers to call, text, and email voters.
- Sign up for two to three nights between September 21 and November 3 for voter outreach (call, text, and email.)
Training for the role starts next week. If you are available, please email Shauna Lawry (email@example.com) by Friday, September 11.