Welcome to this Week’s PTA Weekly Press!
Vol I, No 11. Tuesday, April 21, 2020.
Every Tuesday during the school year, you will find CP PTA related information in the PTA Weekly Press. These are this week’s items:
The PTA Executive Board held a special meeting via video conference during Spring Break – that was fun. Principal Chuang was present – actually he hosted us on Zoom and, our faculty liaison Ms. Meredith Yeh was present! We met the day after the School District announced school campus closure for the academic year. That was eventful!! So I know by now everyone has sufficient understanding of distance learning. Knowing the guidelines for faculty and students and parents Ms. Yeh provided would enhance the experience (thank you Ms. Yeh):
Today, the School District distributed had copies of study materials for all the grades. Most folks have access to the Internet, so the hard copies are not necessary. Still, be aware of the takeaways: stay connected to school and for lower grades to third grade – during school week, do two to three hours of school work including PE. Upper grades, do up to four hours. Know your teacher’s office hours: that’s one-on-one with your student at least once a week!!
Let the school know what works and what doesn’t work. PTA Board member John Gieseker and our faculty liaison is developing a receptacle for the input. The Board is meeting Wednesday morning April 22, 2020 to finalize!
Just one last item: Mark your calendars for the PTA annual meeting and election via video conference: April 29, 2020, 7 pm. Be on the lookout for the link to the meeting. Super important!
Contact Info PTA Board of Directors 2019-2020
- Principal Steven Chuang <email@example.com>
- President Jon Wu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Executive VP Pinkey Tsang <email@example.com>
- Secretary Doug Christini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Treasurer Cathy Lin <email@example.com>
- Financial Secretary Jennifer Li <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- VP Membership John Gieseker <email@example.com>
- VP Programs Shauna Lawry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- VP Fundraising Winnie Tungpagasit <email@example.com>,
- Community Liaison Connie Chang Chinchio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Historian Theresa Shek <email@example.com>
- Auditor Hsuan-Pei Lin <firstname.lastname@example.org>,
- Parliamentarian Allison Ng <email@example.com>