Welcome to the CP PTO Newsletter. Please check your Konstella feed for the most recent updates.
Bienvenidos al boletín informativo de la PTO de CP. Mire por favor sus actualizaciones de noticias en Konstella para detalles más recientes.
- Last Day, TASK Canned Food Drive, Tues., Nov. 21
- Last Day to Order SilverGraphics Art, Wed., Nov. 22
- Pie Sale Pickup, Wed., Nov. 22, between 8–8:30 a.m. or 1–1:30 p.m.
- Early Dismissal, Wed., Nov. 22, 1 p.m.
- No School (Thanksgiving), Thurs., Nov. 23 - Fri., Nov 24
IN THIS ISSUE
- The STEAM Lab Needs Your Old Toys & Tools!
- Volunteers Needed: Garden State on Your Plate
- Check the Lost & Found Before the Break!
- Your PTO at Work: Winter Clothing Distribution & Nov. Teacher Appreciation
- Order SilverGraphics Art Keepsakes by Nov. 22!
- Sign Up for Winter POPs
- Get Your Holiday Gifts at the CP Merchandise Sale
- Save Your Thanksgiving Receipts & Earn Cash for CP!
Around the District
- Math Review Presentation
- Notes from the PTOC
- FREE: Youth Drop-In Chess Sessions
- Seeking Sponsors: PHS College Fund Spring Event
The STEAM Lab Needs Your Old Toys & Tools!
- Empty 2-liter bottles
- Old Legos and K’Nex
- Unwanted (but still working) electronic toys that make noise, light up, or move
- Small hand tools, such as pliers and screwdrivers
Volunteers Needed: Garden State on Your Plate
The Garden State On Your Plate program is back and they still need a couple of parent volunteers to assist CP students at the Monday, November 27 tasting. Click here for more information and to sign-up!
Check the Lost & Found Before the Break!
Before the Thanksgiving break, please check the Lost & Found (located in the hallway between the main entrance and the CP cafe) for your child's lost items! There are LOTS of coats, sweaters, sweatshirts, and miscellaneous items to reclaim.
Your PTO at Work: Winter Clothing Distribution...
THANK YOU to everyone who made last weekend's Winter Clothing Distribution event a success:
- The PPS families who donated gently-used sweaters, mittens, blankets, and coats;
- The CP parent volunteers who helped sort and distribute them, and drove leftover items to HomeFront;
- And Kim Beury, for leading these important efforts!
Many families in our community will be warmer this winter thanks to your generous support!
...And November Teacher Appreciation!
Last Friday, the PTO treated CP's wonderful staff to a hot drink and a sweet treat to thank them for all their work this fall. Teachers and staff were invited to stroll across the school parking lot to order a coffee or tea from Sakrid Coffee on Witherspoon Street, accompanied by a cookie and chocolate supplied by the PTO.
Order Your SilverGraphics Art Keepsakes by Nov. 22!
The SilverGraphics Art Sale allows you to purchase collectables and gifts printed with a special project your child created in art class.
Proceeds support CP's general art program and PTO enrichment projects. Order by Wed., Nov. 22 for delivery to school in time for the holidays!
Sign Up for Winter POPs
Sign up to take part in these great events scheduled for the coming weeks:
- Sat., Dec. 2, 6:30 p.m. - Music Jam House Party w/Ride or Die (adults) / $50
- Mon., Dec. 4, 1 p.m. - CP at the Movies (early dismissal day, all ages) / $15
- Sun., Jan. 7, 3 p.m. - Lilipies Baking Class (adults) / $80
- Thurs., Jan. 11, 6:30 p.m. - CP vs. JP Trivia Night (adults) / $30
Cozy sweatshirts, flannel pants, winter hats, and fleece jackets are now on sale--and a portion of every purchase supports CP!
Shipping is free on purchases made through Dec. 1 and gear can be delivered to school in time for the holidays!
Save your receipts when you shop at McCaffrey's Food Market in the Princeton Shopping Center. CP gets 0.95% from each receipt, which adds up quickly.
Drop your receipts in the McCaffrey's box located in CP's main entrance vestibule.
Math Review Presentation
The District's review of the math program is complete, and parents are invited learn more by tuning into a webinar that will include:
Thursday, November 30, 7 - 8:30 p.m.
Notes from the PTOC
CP's PTO co-presidents represent our school at the Princeton Parent Teacher Organization Council (PTOC). The PTOC serves as a liaison between the Superintendent, the PTOs, and the Board of Education.
Click here to read the November meeting notes.
Sat., Nov. 25, 3:30 p.m.
Princeton Public Library STEAM Studio
These sessions are intended for youth in second through sixth grade who are beginners or have some chess experience. Registration not required.
Seeking Sponsors: PHS College Fund Spring Event
Calling All Local Businesses!
Thanks to support from community members like you, the 101: Fund has been brightening the futures of promising PHS grads for over 50 years! We invite businesses big and small to get involved in our spring fundraising event, College Throwback Night, an evening of music, games, libations and (old)-school spirit on Saturday, March 9th at Princeton Charter Club. This will be our first live event in over 5 years and we expect a robust in-person crowd of 150+, as well as online auction participation. All money raised will support PHS students who are well prepared for college, but find the cost an overwhelming hurdle. Many recipients of our need-based scholarship are the first in their families to pursue a degree. In 2023 alone, the 101: Fund spent $141,000 supporting students attending institutions such as Rutgers, Mercer County Community College, Cornell and Howard University, to name a few. We hope to see you - and your business logo - at our event!https://event.auctria.com/
|P.S. - We Hear You|
For general thoughts regarding PTO activities or how parents can further help support CP, please contact Co-Presidents Nicole Pezold Hancock, Chris Santarpio, & Erica Snyder at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!