Buenos días Community Park! Welcome to the CP PTO Newsletter. Please check your Konstella feed for the most recent updates.
Bienvenidos al boletín informativo de la PTO de CP. Mire por favor sus actualizaciones de noticias en Konstella para detalles más recientes.
- Kindness Challenge Spirit Week - January 27 - 31
- CP Band Concert - Thursday, January 30, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader? Fundraiser - Friday, February 7, 7:00 p.m.
- Mom's Night Out with Facials - Friday, February 7, 7:00 p.m.
- 3rd Grade Mom's Wine & Cheese - Saturday, February 8, 6:00 p.m.
- Cupcake Decorating Drop-Off Party! - Wednesday, February 12, 5:00 p.m.
- Staff Development (NO SCHOOL) - Friday, February 14
- President's Day (NO SCHOOL) - Monday, February 17
IN THIS ISSUE
- CP Band Concert
- Kindness Challenge Spirit Week: What to Wear
- PTO Meeting with PPS Math Supervisor
- Tickets for Sale: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Mom's Night Out with Facials
- 3rd Grade Mom's Wine & Cheese
- Cupcake Decorating Drop-off Party (All Grades!)
- Remember: Donate Socks and Coins
- Las Manos Amigas: Understanding Food Insecurity
- About That Community Forum on PPS Growth
- Share Your Love Fundraiser for Princeton Children's Fund
CP Band Concert
Thursday, January 30, 6:30 p.m.
Where: CP APR (aka Cafeteria)
|CP's Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced Bands invite all family and friends to their annual winter concert this Thursday evening. (Please make sure your musician arrives by 6:20 p.m. for tuning and warmups in the gym.)|
There's no dress code but musicians should wear nice stage clothes, such as dress pants, khakis, and blouses. If your child will not be able to attend the performance, please contact Ms. Farrell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Kindness Challenge Spirit Week
Happening This Week...
Don't forget: CP students are showing their enthusiasm for kindness this week:
- Tuesday, TODAY, 1/28: “Kindness is a gift.” Wear your favorite bow or bow tie!
- Wednesday, 1/29: “There is comfort in kindness.” Wear your sweats!
- Thursday, 1/30: “Dream of a kinder world.” Wear your favorite pajamas!
- Friday, 1/31: “CP kids are kind kids.” Wear your blue CP shirt!
PTO Meeting with PPS Math Supervisor
Friday, February 21, 8:30 a.m.
Where: CP APR (aka Cafeteria)
Mark your calendars: PPS Math Supervisor Stephenie Tidwell will present at our next PTO meeting. She'll be discussing the new i-Ready curriculum, as well as how we may support our children's math learning.
If you have specific questions or issues you wish her to address, please send them here.
Tickets On Sale Now: Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
Friday, February 7, 7:00 p.m.
Where: JW Auditorium, 217 Walnut Lane
Don't miss this very special "game show" where CP 5th graders go toe-to-toe (or brain-to-brain) with some unfortunate grown ups. Principal Gruchacz will act as host.
All 5th graders attend for free. Everyone else may purchase tickets on Konstella ($5 students, $10 adults).
Friday, February 7, 7:00 p.m
Where: The Besler Home
|Pamper yourself for a good cause! Enjoy a fun and relaxing ladies night with wine (or soft drinks), hors d’oeuvres and facials that will leave your skin feeling smooth, hydrated and glowing! The ultra premium, European-formulated, vegan-certified products used for the facials are hypoallergenic and do not contain any harmful chemicals. All skin types, even the most sensitive, can be accommodated. There is no obligation to purchase. If you do, all commission from the sale of products that night will be an additional contribution to the CP PTO. Hosted by Carrie Patterson Besler. Registration required.|
Saturday, February 8, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Where: The Oakman Home
Drop-Off Party: Cupcake Decorating!
Wednesday, February 12, 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Where: House of Cupcakes, 34 Witherspoon Street
|It's sprinkle time! We’re having a cupcake decorating party at Princeton’s own House of Cupcakes. All grades are welcome. Register your pastry chef here. Hosted by Val Koxha.|
Kindness Drives: Bring Your Socks and Coins
Now through Thursday, February 13
|As part of their Kindness Challenge, CP students are collecting socks for the homeless to be distributed by Joy of Sox. Place *new* pairs of socks in the collection box in the CP lobby.|
Donate your spare change towards Kindness Coins for Mexico, also in the CP lobby. Your coins will help build a school and friendship center for our southern neighbor.
Watching Arm in Arm's elementary school-aged appropriate video alongside your child is a great way for them to see how a community food pantry operates.
|Left: Slides 80 and 81 from the Jan. 25 presentation show the projected growth at each school compared to that building's current capacity (as marked by the black, horizontal bar in each graph).|
Share Your Love Fundraiser for Princeton Children's Fund
Friday, February 7, 6:00-8:00 p.m.
Where: Johnson Education Center, 1 Preservation Place
|Share a little love at the annual fundraiser for Princeton Children's Fund. Superintendent of Schools, Steve Cochrane, and Executive Director of Recreation, Ben Stentz, will speak about the magnitude of the need in our schools and the potential impact of programming on the lives of the students PCF serves. For more information, visit www.princetonchildrensfund.org|
|P.S. - We Hear You|
If you have feedback or suggestions regarding the newsletter, please message Nicole Pezold Hancock on Konstella or email email@example.com.
For general thoughts regarding PTO activities or how parents can further help support CP, please contact Co-Presidents Lynda Dodd, Tara Oakman, and Manishi Prasad via Konstella or at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!