Welcome to the CP PTO Newsletter. Please check your Konstella feed for the most recent updates.
Bienvenidos al boletín informativo de la PTO de CP. Mire por favor sus actualizaciones de noticias en Konstella para detalles más recientes.
- PPS Vaccine Clinic - Thursday, February 24, 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- Drop off Get Well Cards for Mr. Chorba - Now through Friday, February 25
- Princeton Perks Card 2022 - Sales ends Friday, February 25
IN THIS ISSUE
- Get Well Cards for Mr. Chorba
- Vaccine Card Information
- Weekly Covid Testing Sign-Up Information
- Princeton Perks 2022
- CP Merchandise On Sale!
- Black History Month Events
- PPS Vaccine Clinic
- PPS Covid Dashboard
Get Well Cards for Mr. Chorba
As some of you may know, Mr. Chorba was involved in an accident and has to be out for several weeks. While he's on the mend, we think he would love to receive get well cards from the children. Please drop off the cards at a collection box at the entrance by Friday, Feb. 25. Check out the announcement here for more information.
Vaccine Card Information
If your child(ren) are vaccinated against Covid, please help our nurse and staff by uploading the information to the PowerSchool Parent Portal. This information helps staff determine accurate quarantine information during the contact tracing process. Go here to find the directions on how to upload the vaccine information in English or here for Español.
Weekly Covid testing available for our students
One way to stop the spread of COVID is by registering to have your child tested weekly on Mondays at school with a saliva PCR. Surveillance COVID testing is available for students through Mirimus, Inc. Sign your child up here!
Princeton Perks 2022 Card - Last Chance to purchase!
Sales end on Friday, February 25
This is you last chance to get your Princeton Perks 2022 card! Purchase your card here!
CP Merchandise is here!
We are proud to announce our new CP merchandise online store with Princeton Threads! Simply place and pay for your order online, and your merchandise will be delivered to the school bi-weekly! We have clothing and accessories for both the kids and adults in your family, tote bags, and car magnets with the new CP logo! Thank you to Jim Harley for his awesome design of the new CP logo! Click here for more information.
February is Black History Month!
Check out the links below for a variety of events and opportunities to learn more about the history of African-Americans in Princeton.
- Black History Month Events hosted by Rutgers University Paul Robeson Cultural Center.
- Overcoming: Reflections on Struggle, Resilience, and Triumph featuring artist, activist and writer Rhinold Ponder. Exhibit at the Arts Council of Princeton through March 5.
- The Albert E. Hinds Memorial Tour: African American Life in Princeton.
- Explore the Witherspoon-Jackson Historical and Cultural Society’s Heritage Plaques.
- The Princeton Plan: 70 Years of School Integration.
- The Princeton Fugitive Slave: The Trials of James Collins Johnson.
- Princeton Plan: Fifty Years Later. This short documentary tells the story of school integration in Princeton, a process that was nationally recognized and dubbed the “Princeton Plan.”
- It Happened Here: New Jersey. This Emmy-nominated series captures short narratives about New Jersey’s remarkable history.
- Princeton and Slavery Project. Completed in 2017, the Princeton and Slavery project includes dozens of essays, documents, and multimedia visualizations that trace the University and town’s connections to the institution of slavery.
PPS Vaccine Clinic
Valley Road Administration Building
Thursday, February 24 - 4 p.m. - 6 p.m.
PPS is hosting a vaccine clinic for unvaccinated students and families. Please go here to sign up! Be sure to bring a copy of the Pfizer Consent Form and the Covid Vaccine Consent Form to your appointment.
PPS Covid Dashboard
Stay up-to-date on covid cases in our schools by checking out PPS's covid dashboard, which is updated weekly.
|P.S. - We Hear You|
For general thoughts regarding PTO activities or how parents can further help support CP, please contact Co-Presidents Georgette Stern, Montana Vasquez-Grinnell, and Amalie Leano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!