Welcome to the CP PTO Newsletter. Please check your Konstella feed for the most recent updates.
Bienvenidos al boletín informativo de la PTO de CP. Mire por favor sus actualizaciones de noticias en Konstella para detalles más recientes.
- Early Dismissal 1 p.m. (Parent-Teacher Conferences) - Wednesday, March 9 & Thursday, March 10
- CP Book Fair - Today through Friday, March 11
- Princeton SEPAG MS/HS Transition Meeting (virtual) - Wednesday, March 16 at 6:00 p.m.
- Lego Movie Party Board (Early Dismissal 1 p.m.) - Monday, March 21 at 1:30 p.m.
IN THIS ISSUE
- CP Book Fair This Week!
- March Madness at CP is on!
- Science Fair & STEM Expo
- Help the PTO Improve Our Playground
- CP Merchandise On Sale!
- Lego Movie Party board
- Princeton SEPAG MS/HS Transition Meeting
- Princeton 5K
- PPS Covid Dashboard
CP Book Fair is This Week!
Tuesday, March 8 to Friday, March 11, 8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Where: CP Gymnasium
Some important info about this year's Book Fair:
- Students will be allowed to purchase books during their class visit, if you so wish. In prior years, students compiled a "wish list" of books during their class visit, and then payment, along with the wishlist, were returned to school. This will still be done for families who prefer to review their student's selections before purchasing.
- We strongly recommend using Scholastic's E-wallet for your student's purchases. While cash (and credit cards) will also be accepted, this is much more convenient and there are no worries about students misplacing cash. Information about E-wallet and how to sign up can be found here.
- Returns are not permitted so please be sure to talk to your student about what they are allowed to purchase. Note: In addition to books, there are non-book items at the fair like pencils, erasers, journals, etc.
- You can also visit the CP Book Fair with your child on Wednesday, March 9, and Thursday March 10, from 1-3pm (CP has half days for parent-teacher conferences.)
- Teacher Wish Lists will be available at the Book Fair if you would like to donate a book to a classroom, a specials class, or the library.
March Madness at CP is on!
March Madness is (almost) on! For the second year in a row, we will have a CP March Madness pool! No cost to participate - and all the glory if you win! Stay tuned for details on Konstella. May the best team win!
The Science Fair & STEM Expo are Happening Soon!
We are bringing back our Science Fair & STEM Expo this year at CP! Both will be happening as an exciting STEM Week at the end of April. Start brainstorming Science Fair ideas with your children for interesting and fun explorations of our world. More information coming soon!
Help the CP PTO Improve Our Playground
The CP PTO is investing in improvements for our playground to create fun, creative, and unique spaces for our community. If you are interested in joining the effort to plan a proposal for this initiative, please email Montana Vasquez-Grinnell (email@example.com.)
We are proud to announce our new CP merchandise online store with Princeton Threads! Simply place and pay for your order online, and your merchandise will be delivered to the school bi-weekly! We have clothing and accessories for both the kids and adults in your family, tote bags, and car magnets with the new CP logo! Thank you to Jim Harley for his awesome design of the new CP logo! Click here for more information.
The Lego Movie Private CP Screening
Monday, March 21 at 1:30 p.m. (Early Dismissal at 1 p.m.)
Join other CP families for a private screening of the Lego Movie! Monday, March 21st is a half day dismissal at CP and this is a fun way to get together, enjoy a movie, and support our school! Go here for more information and to buy tickets ($15/person). Hope to see you there!
Princeton SEPAG MS/HS Transition Meeting
Virtual - Wednesday, March 16 at 6:00 p.m.
Join us for an overview presentation by two PPS Supervisors of Special Education - Beth Murrin (Princeton Middle School) and Crystal Riddick (Princeton High School). Their presentation will be followed by a parent panel Q&A session where PPS parents will share their middle school and high school experiences and offer tips for preparing kids with IEPs and 504 plans for the move to the next school. All PPS parents/guardians are welcome to attend, whether their student is entering PMS or PHS next year or in future years. Zoom link is here.
Princeton 5K - Run, Walk, or Remote!
Saturday, March 19
The thirteenth Princeton 5K is on Saturday, March 19, 2022. Athletes - young and old, big and small, fast and not as fast - come together year after year to run or walk while supporting the Princeton High School Cross Country and Track & Field teams. It’s the teams' largest annual fundraiser, and the money we raise supports lower-income students in need of gear, funding for athletic equipment not covered by the PPS budget, tents for rainy weather meets, and season-end recognition for athletes and coaches, etc.
The in-person race starts in front of Princeton Middle School at 217 Walnut Lane at 8:30AM. Runners can organize into teams. In 2022, we are adding a 300m kids dash for all children under the age of 10.
This year there is also a virtual option that runners can complete any time between March 19th and 26th. You can choose when and where you run or walk your 5K. Wait for the perfect sunny afternoon. Take your favorite running partner, two-legged or four. Push a stroller. All are welcome in this year's 5K! Sign up and get more information at princeton5k.com.
PPS Covid Dashboard
Stay up-to-date on covid cases in our schools by checking out PPS's covid dashboard, which is updated weekly.
|P.S. - We Hear You|
For general thoughts regarding PTO activities or how parents can further help support CP, please contact Co-Presidents Georgette Stern, Montana Vasquez-Grinnell, and Amalie Leano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!