Welcome to the CP PTO Newsletter. Please check your Konstella feed for the most recent updates.
Bienvenidos al boletín informativo de la PTO de CP. Mire por favor sus actualizaciones de noticias en Konstella para detalles más recientes.
- CP Book Collection - Now through Friday, June 3
- Supporting Princeton's LGBTQ+ Youth & Families Presentation - Wednesday, May 25 at 6:30 p.m. in Riverside's Cafeteria [parents of elementary school students]
- CP Orchestra Concert Grades 3, 4, 5 - Thursday, May 26 at 7:00 p.m.
- Half Day Early Dismissal (1 p.m.) - Friday, May 27
- No School (Memorial Day) - Monday, May 30
- PPS Community Wide Strategic Planning Forum (virtual)- Tuesday, May 31 from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
- Princeton Community Pride Picnic - Friday, June 3 from 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. at Princeton Shopping Center
- Princeton Pride Parade - Saturday, June 18 at 11:00 a.m.
IN THIS ISSUE
- Join the PTO!
- CP Book Collection
- CP Merchandise On Sale!
- Supporting Princeton's LGBTQ+ Youth & Families Presentation
- PPS Community Wide Strategic Planning
- Princeton Community Pride Picnic
- Princeton Pride Parade
- PPS Covid Dashboard
Join the PTO - Thank you to those who have joined!
Thank you to Rebecca Callahan and Hima Reddy for stepping up and joining the PTO executive board! We are still looking for community members to join the PTO executive board. We are looking for any parents are interested in participating to support with our fundraising efforts, planning community events, and advocating for the needs of our schools. Thank you to those who have volunteered to join! Reach out to Montana Vasquez-Grinnell (email@example.com) if you have any interest or questions- the more involvement the better for our school community! Please go here to read about the opportunities available!
CP Book Collection
Now through Friday, June 3
We are collecting any books from your home libraries that are nearly new and gently used for our school library and classroom libraries. Please bring books to collection bins at the entrance. For more information go here.
We are proud to announce our new CP merchandise online store with Princeton Threads! Simply place and pay for your order online, and your merchandise will be delivered to the school bi-weekly! We have clothing and accessories for both the kids and adults in your family, tote bags, and car magnets with the new CP logo! Thank you to Jim Harley for his awesome design of the new CP logo! Click here for more information.
Supporting Princeton's LGBTQ+ Youth & Families Presentation
Wednesday, May 25 at 6:30 p.m. at Riverside's Cafeteria (parents of elementary school students)
- terminology and statistics related gender, sexuality, and the LGBTQ+ community
- how to have developmentally appropriate conversations with kids of all ages
- helping foster a home environment where kids are comfortable talking about gender and sexuality
- how to respond when someone comes out to you
- for parents of young adults: additional risks LGBTQ+ teens face, and how to reduce these risks
- local and district resources and supports available to our families
PPS Community Wide Strategic Planning
Tuesday, May 31- 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. (virtual)
The community is invited to participate in a community wide PPS Strategic planning forum. There are two sessions and both are virtual. See the flyer below for more information and the Zoom link to the May 5 session is here.
Princeton Community Pride Picnic
Friday, June 3 from 5:00 - 7:30 p.m.
Celebrate Princeton’s LGBTQIA+ community with tunes spun by DJ Mona of Mon Amie Events NYC, a bubble show by OMG Bubbles, hula hoop along with Color Me Hoopy, join in queer yoga, make your mark on a collaborative community mural, go home with fun giveaways and lots more! For more information, go here.
Princeton Pride Parade
Saturday, June 18 at 11:00 a.m.
PPS Covid Dashboard
Stay up-to-date on covid cases in our schools by checking out PPS's covid dashboard, which is updated weekly.
|P.S. - We Hear You|
For general thoughts regarding PTO activities or how parents can further help support CP, please contact Co-Presidents Georgette Stern, Montana Vasquez-Grinnell, and Amalie Leano at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!