Welcome to the CP PTO Newsletter. Please check your Konstella feed for the most recent updates.
Bienvenidos al boletín informativo de la PTO de CP. Mire por favor sus actualizaciones de noticias en Konstella para detalles más recientes.
- Community Town Hall with Dr. Kelley (Virtual) - Tuesday, October 19, 6:00 p.m.
- Consent Forms Due for Student COVID Testing - Wednesday, October 20
- Parent-Teacher Conferences (1 p.m. Dismissal) - October 20, 21, 26, 27
- PTO Meeting with Dr. Kelley (Virtual) - Thursday, October 21, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Pumpkin Carving Party Board - Saturday, October 23, 10a-Noon
- Learn to Ride a Bike Party Board - Sunday, October 24, 2-4 p.m.
- Día de los Muertos Party Board - Wednesday, October 27, 1-3 p.m.
- Pottery Painting Party Board - Tuesday, November 2, 10 a.m.-Noon (NO SCHOOL)
IN THIS ISSUE
- Student COVID Testing Consent Form
- CP PTO Meeting with Dr. Kelley
- October Food Drive
- Fall Fruit Fundraiser
- Dia de los Muertos Party Board
- Pottery Painting Party Board
- Pumpkin Carving Party Board
- Learn to Ride a Bike Party Board
- PPD Needs Crossing Guards
- Town Hall with Dr. Kelley
- SEPAG's Meet the Board Candidates Video
- PPS Covid Dashboard
Consent forms due Wednesday, October 20
|FYI, you will need the district address (25 Valley Road, Princeton, NJ 08540) and your insurance information to complete the form. (Note: Health insurance is not required to participate. This program is free and funded by the State of New Jersey.)|
CP PTO Meeting with Dr. Kelley
Thursday, October 21, 6:30 p.m.
Please tune in on Thursday, October 21, 6:30-7:30 p.m., when PPS Superintendent Dr. Kelley will be joining CP parents for a virtual conversation about our school. We will have live Spanish translation. Zoom details will be shared the day of the meeting.
October Food Drive
Ends October 25
CP is partnering with Princeton Mobile Food Pantry to collect items for our neighbors who are experiencing food insecurity.
As the holidays draw near, PMFP is in desperate need of:
- Dry beans (pintos or black beans--no chickpeas or lentils, please)
- Personal hygiene products
Please place all donations in the bins near CP entrances. Thanks for your kindness!
Fall Fruit Fundraiser
Order deadline is Sunday, November 21
Enjoy fresh fruit and help CP: The PTO is selling oranges, grapefruits, apples, and more--all shipped directly from Florida to either the school or your home. For product info, prices and to place an order, please visit: https://www.floridafruitstore.com/CommunityPark.
More Party Board Sign Ups!
Another week, another chance to party for a good cause. Below are several upcoming parties for students. Sign up now....
- Pumpkin Carving in the CP Garden
Saturday, October 23, 10 a.m.-Noon
Join CP Garden Educator, Peter Wagner, for pumpkin carving, a story, and fall snacks. This is a drop off party. Suggested for Grades 3-5. Hosted by the CP Garden Committee.
- Learn to Ride a Bike--ONLY ONE SPOT REMAINING!
Sunday, October 24, 3-4 p.m.
Our veteran teachers will get your kids on their bikes and feeling comfortable. One rider per teacher. Hosted by the Besler, Kapoor, Meggers, and Scibienski families.
- Día de los Muertos
Wednesday, October 27, 1-3 p.m. (Early Dismissal Day!)
Learn about the traditions of Día de los Muertos while making decorating calavera (sugar skull) cookies and sharing some Mexican snacks! This is a drop off party for Grades 3-5. Hosted by the Schindler/Lamarque Lacoste family.
- Pottery Painting Party
Tuesday, November 2, 10 a.m.-Noon (No School Day!)
Paint your own food-safe mug during a private CP-only session at the Color Me Mine studio. This is a drop off party for Grades K-2. Hosted by the Hancock and Sumski/Weber families.
Would you like to host a party board? Click here to let us know your idea or browse winning ideas from past years or contact Fundraising Co-Chairs Constanza Ferro and Daniela Cravero at email@example.com.
Princeton Police Need Crossing Guards
SEPAG's Board of Education Candidates Forum VIDEO
|In case you missed it, you can still meet the four candidates vying for seats on the Princeton Board of Education via this video. The candidate forum was hosted by the Special Ed Parent Advisory Group. Visit SEPAG and their calendar of events here.|
Virtual Community Town Hall with Dr. Kelley
Tuesday, October 19, 6:00 p.m.
Learn about Dr. Kelley's vision for the 2021-2022 school year at this virtual town hall for the whole PPS community. Click here to submit a question for Dr. Kelley or register to attend.
PPS Covid Dashboard
Stay up-to-date on covid cases in our schools by checking out PPS's covid dashboard, which is updated weekly.
|P.S. - We Hear You|
If you have feedback or suggestions regarding the newsletter, please message Nicole Pezold Hancock on Konstella or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general thoughts regarding PTO activities or how parents can further help support CP, please contact Co-Presidents Georgette Stern, and Amalie Leano at email@example.com.
Thanks for reading!