Welcome Back from Spring Break!
The enrollment for After-School Clubs has been moved to Wednesday, April 12th at 8pm as we still need more parent volunteers. If you are interested, please contact Rob Freudenberg ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org. We CANNOT run clubs without parent volunteers. Volunteers will receive a free club and you can register before the general enrollment.
The Spring After School Clubs will begin on Tuesday, April 18th and running for 6 sessions.
Registration begins on Wednesday, April 12th at 8 PM on Homeroom.com. Registration remains on a first-come, first-served basis. Some of the clubs can sell out quickly, so if you don't already have an account on Homeroom.com, please click here to register before April 11th https://www.homeroom.com/register. You can search for "Community Park Elementary School" and then you will be walked through the registration steps. If you have any questions about the registration process please email email@example.com.
COST: The cost of a 6-week session is $100 ($94 for the club + $6 Homeroom service fee). NOTE: The enrollment fee for some clubs may be higher due to material expenses or cost of the vendor. Clubs are non-refundable after the clubs have started and will be considered a donation to the CP PTO.
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE! To request a scholarship, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To participate in clubs, students are expected to be respectful to the instructor(s) and to the other kids in the club. Disruptive or inappropriate behavior will not be tolerated. For a first offense, a note and follow up phone call will occur (from a member of the Clubs Committee on behalf of the instructor)). Given that there are only 6 sessions, if the behavior continues without improvement, the student will then be asked to leave the club with no refund to the parent. The decision to have the student leave would be made by the instructor and communicated by the clubs team via a phone call to the parents. By registering for a club, you are in agreement with this protocol.
Specific club dates are as follows:
Tuesday: April 18, 25, May 2, 9, 16, 23 (Make up: May 30)
Wednesday: April 19, 26, May 3, 10, 17, 24 (Make up: May 31)
Thursday: April 20, 27, May 4, 11, 18, 25 (Make up: June 1)
Friday: April 21, 28, May 5, 12, 19, 26 (Make up: June 2)
POTENTIAL CLUB SCHEDULE CHANGES:
- Please be aware that the club you want may be cancelled due to low enrollment. Clubs that need a CP parent volunteer and don’t have one will also be cancelled. Clubs that are under-enrolled may be cancelled, and there may be other issues that arise that cause us to cancel a club as well. If a club your child would like to take is cancelled, your payment will be refunded.
- We will attempt to reschedule club sessions that are cancelled due to illness of the instructor, but might not be able to, depending on the circumstance. Please note the makeup date that has been reserved for each club.
- NO REFUNDS will be issued for any reason once clubs have started, other than a club that has been cancelled. Your payment is a contribution to the CP PTO, not a “fee for service.”
LOGISTICS AND THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND:
- Clubs will begin at CP as soon as the school day ends, and pickup for most clubs is at 4 PM SHARP! Please note that a few clubs start a 3:15 and end at 4:15 PM specifically the clubs taught by aides. If your child is in K-2 they will remain in the library until the instructor picks them up.
- We reserve the right to terminate the participation of a student in a club if a student is repeatedly picked up late, determined at our sole discretion. If you know that you are unable to pick your child up on time, please don’t register your child for a CP PTO club. Many CP students go to the YWCA aftercare program at CP after clubs end, and you will be able to indicate that preference on your registration.
- Please note that we reserve the right to terminate the participation of a student in a club if the student is unable to constructively participate in the club, determined at our sole discretion.
- Please note: the school nurse is not present at CP after school during club sessions.
- Many of our children have allergies or eating restrictions. Therefore, no food or drink is allowed in clubs (except water).
Thanks and we look forward to another fun season of clubs!