Hello CP Families:
“Make it remote, but make it fun.” That was the goal for our After-School Clubs program as we navigate this strange time, waiting for a return to safe, in-person activities. And although they will be remote, we hope that the clubs will feel different from remote school. Trying this online for the first time is definitely an experiment, but we are offering clubs that seem to work well over Zoom and we are excited to see how it goes!
As many of our CP instructors/teachers were unable to participate this season due to the demands of managing the remote and hybrid curriculums, we brought in some new, outside instructors to enhance our offerings. Included this season are:
- Drama clubs in partnership with McCarter Theatre, who are bringing 2 of their most popular programs for K-2 and 3-5
- Role Playing Games like Dungeons and Dragons and Amazing Tales - a great way for kids to incorporate the body, spark creativity and go on an adventure.
- After-School Dance Party where students can burn off energy with Monica Kapoor
- Craft and play in clubs offered by Sra. Alban and Sra. Webb
- Learn how to debate in a new club taught by a member of the Princeton High School Debate Team, Maya Lerman
- Kahoot! - Compete and have fun with Sra. Clemens!
- Learn visual storytelling in Making Comic Books with Sam Blanchard
- Yoga w/ Marie
Registration will begin on Monday, November 2nd at 8pm and end on Wednesday, November 4th at 8pm. We have less offerings than normal and spaces are limited, so if you are interested, please make sure to register promptly. Registration will take place at https://www.homeroom.com/sites/community-park-elementary-school-princeton. Please check your account (or sign up for an account) and be “ready to register” by 8 PM on Monday, November 2. Please note, once you put a club into your cart, you have 25 minutes to check out. The club is reserved for you for 25 minutes and is released if you don’t check out within that time. If you don't see Community Park Elementary School, type it into the search bar at the top of the screen and it will come up.
The Fall clubs will start during the week of November 9 (ending the week of December 14th). The EXCEPTIONS are the McCarter clubs (Creative Drama and Heroes and Villains) which start on 11/5 and 11/6 respectively. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday clubs will run for 6 sessions. Thursday and Friday clubs will only run for 5 sessions due to the Thanksgiving break (except for the McCarter Clubs because they start a week early). Prices are adjusted. Clubs begin at 3:30pm.
If you have any questions, please send me a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the Spanish version is being translated and will be posted as soon as it is ready.
Thanks and we look forward to another fun season of clubs!