Hello CP Community!
At the end of this school year, PTO Co-Presidents Georgette Stern and Amalie Leano, as well as VP of Communications Nicole Hancock, will be stepping down from their respective positions on the CP PTO executive board.
This upcoming transition comes at an exciting time, when we expect a long-awaited return to in-person activities for our whole school community: students, teachers, and families.
We see an opportunity for a new core team of volunteers to come forward to support our school as Co-Presidents, communication specialists and in other roles, too. The door is wide open for all of you. Your ideas and energy are welcome!
The PTO's third current Co-President, Montana Vasquez-Grinnell, along with Treasurer Hochul Lee, will continue to serve and will provide a strong backbone of support during the coming year.
Below are brief descriptions of each open Executive Board position:
PTO Co-President (up to 3 may serve at one time)
Work with other Co-Presidents and Executive Board members to:
- lead PTO board meetings (monthly)
- attend PTOC and PPS President meetings (monthly)
- meet with principal and facilitate communication with the community
- coordinate fundraising efforts with volunteers
- create and send community communications via Konstella
VP of Communications (up to 2 may serve at one time)
- create effective, strategic communications about PTO news and events for the school community
- provide editorial assistance or feedback to board members in their communications
Please, please join in! The more people are involved, the more we can do to support our faculty, staff, and students to get the most out of every day and each year at CP. We will be following up soon with other open positions for the new school year: Grade Representatives, Fundraisers, Parker Bear Liaisons, and many more!
You probably have questions about what it really means to participate in the PTO's Executive Board. Please reach out if you'd like to talk: