The start of the school year has been quite busy and we are working diligently to keep our parents aware about activities happening on campus.
Below are some updates:
Donuts with Dad: We had a great time at our 3rd annual Donuts with Dad event. Although the event started earlier due to the new school hours, we were still able to serve over 575 donuts. We appreciate all of the help form our volunteers that made this day a great success.
School spirit wear: We continue to sell spirit shirts and sweaters for $12. So far this year, we have made an excellent profit and plan to use the funds to support many of the projects on campus.
- New school mural will be added and we need your assistance. We are currently requesting donations/sponsorship to cover the expenses associated with materials to complete the mural. The artwork itself has been donated by a talented artist, Elizabeth Umanzor, www.facebook.com/elizabethuart.
- Jacket order forms were sent home this week. Please complete the order form and send the exact amount(cash only) by the deadline.
- School Wide Work day has been tentatively scheduled for Saturday, October 13 at 8:00 am. We need assistance to clean up the school garden, paint several benches, and prep the wall for the mural.
- Hispanic Heritage Read In Day - We are seeking volunteers to read to our students. Books will speak about Hispanic culture, Hispanic themes, and/or Hispanic historical figures. This event is scheduled for Friday, October 12th at 8:30 am.
- Fall catalog sale - Each student will receive a fundraising packet on October 18th. Our goal is to raise $10,000 and a significant amount of the monies raised will be used towards the purchase of 25 computers for our new science lab. We are asking each student to at least sell 10 items.
Again, thank you all for your continued support. We encourage each of you to attend our meetings and get engaged. At a minimum, commit to volunteers on campus at least 2-3 hours per semester. Reach out to your student's teach and ask how you can help!