DeLaveaga is looking for coaches for this year's Girls on the Run Club.
Girls on the Run is a 10-week after-school program for 3rd-5th grade girls.
Girls will learn:
- Life skills such as how to be a good friend, how to stop bullying and gossiping
- How to live joyful, healthy and confident lives
- Train for a 5K (3.1 mile) walk/run
When the team meets:
- Twice a week after school (days and times determined by the coaches)
- The week of March 5 until May 19, 2018
Cost for girls to participate:
- The early-registration program fee is $220 per girl, at most sites
- Program fee includes 20 lessons, snacks, program t-shirt, water bottle, 5K race shirt, registration for the Girls on the Run 5K
- Need-based scholarships are available
We are looking for volunteers (female OR male, 18+ years old) to continue this program at DeLaveaga.
- You do NOT have to be a runner or athlete in order to volunteer as a coach—just someone who is interested in health and wants to make a difference in a girl’s life!
- Girls on the Run of Silicon Valley will:
- Train you to become a coach
- Provide all curriculum, full lesson plans and materials needed for the season
- Support you throughout the season
- To volunteer, you need to:
- Submit a coach application by September 25 (available at gotrsv.org)
- Complete coach training in October (1 hour online) and November (half day, in-person session on either November 4 or 5)
- Plan to be at all 20 lessons during the season
If you are interested in becoming a coach, please contact Laura Jones at 415-302-6808 or firstname.lastname@example.org. I was an assistant coach last year and can tell you all about it. I cannot coach again this year, but am hopeful that the program will not continue at DeLaveaga.
Girls on the Run is hosting a Girls on the Run Information Night on Tuesday, September 12. The event will be at the Sports Basement in Campbell (at the Pruneyard Shopping Center) from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm.
Everyone is welcome to attend, but RSVPs are required: