Join Edison Go Green and Cub Scouts Pack 1015 in this annual event to keep our Bay waters and Alameda shoreline clean. This year’s event is a socially-distanced neighborhood effort lasting ALL September.
When: Saturdays, 9/19 or 9/26, 9am - noon, OR whenever works best for you!
Where: Beach cleanups can start at our own front doors.
Trash can travel through storm drains, creeks, and rivers to become beach pollution. In addition to your own streets and neighborhoods, consider cleaning up some of these areas:
- Local Park (e.g., Lincoln Park)
- Water Access Points (e.g., Eastshore at Liberty and at Central)
- Crown Beach along Shoreline Drive
- The Encinal Boat Launch - map
How: Make it a solo family event, a cohort event, or a socially-distanced meetup with friends.
- Bring your own cleanup gear (gloves, reusable bags, buckets, trash grabber or tongs) and bring what you’ve collected home to your own trash/recycle bins.
- Don’t pick up sharp objects (e.g., syringes) or anything too heavy or large that won’t fit in your own home trash/recycling.
- Remember to wear a mask and maintain social distance.
- For more information see the Coastal Commissions How-To Guide.
After you have participated:
- Share photos with our community of your efforts and especially of any unusual items you may have cleaned up. Add your photos to the “Coastal Cleanup 2020” photo album on Konstella.
- Fill in this brief Coastal Cleanup Self Reporting Form to help us keep track of “where” you cleaned and “what” you cleaned.
- Consider reporting what you collected to the Coastal Commission through the Cleanswell App or by completing their survey.