December 3, 2018
Dear Edison Parents,
The Edison Community Service Committee will be holding a Camp Fire Relief Drive, and, thanks to Edison Parents Nicole Tanner and Jen Patterson, we are able to specifically support Paradise Elementary School in Paradise and Inspire School for Arts & Sciences in Chico, both of whose communities were devastated by the Camp Fire last month. For more information on the schools: http://paradiseelem.pusdk12.org , http://www.inspirechico.org/
- Paradise Elementary was destroyed and seven other Paradise Unified school sites were either damaged or destroyed. It also destroyed more than 9,000 homes in the town of 27,000 residents.
- Inspire School for Arts & Sciences in Chico also had 20% of its students lose their homes in the fire. They are currently welcoming students from Paradise school district into their school.
- All donations will be given to Paradise Elementary and Inspire School for Arts & Sciences and will go to meet the needs of the community.
It's hard for most of us to imagine outrunning a fire and having our lives be turned upside-down and, literally, burned to the ground. The fire destroyed homes and schools, leaving the families with no clear place to go.
KEY INFORMATION FOR THE DRIVE:
- The Camp Fire Relief Drive will run from Monday, December 3- Friday morning, December 14, 2018.
- The last day to donate is Friday morning, December 14.
- There will be a donation jar in every classroom and in the office.
- All donations are tax deductible, and can be cash or check (made out to the Edison PTA). You can use the tax receipt below for tax purposes.
- Students receive a sticker for every donation made.
- In addition, the Spirit Club will be hosting card-making tables at lunch/recess so that we can make cards of support and hope for the students and their families.
We will be sharing links to some fire education websites and other resources on Konstella, including a power point for the relief drive.
We, the Edison Elementary students and community, can make a difference in these families’ lives. Let's help get these families and school communities get back on their feet. All of our donations, big and small, added together, can make a huge impact.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. Many thanks for your help making Edison’s Camp Fire Relief Drive a success!!
--Edison PTA Community Service Committee
Thank you for your generous donation of $ ____________
Thank you for supporting Camp Fire Relief Drive, Edison School’s 2018 Community Service Drive. Your donation will be used to fund relief organizations to help the victims of the Camp Fire at Paradise Elementary School and Inspire School for Arts & Science.
Please keep this written acknowledgment of your donation for your tax records.
The Edison School PTA is a 501(c)(3). Tax ID number is 94-6172011.