As we enter into February, the Auction Committee is in full-planning mode for Edison’s biggest fundraising event of the year - "Come Sail Away - Edison Auction 2020". How you can help us:
* Save the Date: Sat, March 21st. Book your sitters! You will not want to miss this party!
* Buy your Tickets Now!https://one.bidpal.net/2020edisonauction/ticketing
* And also ... Do you have the inside scoop on some possible auction items? We are looking for exciting new items to include. Do you work for a company that will donate something that we can auction off? Have a family member with a house on the coast who will donate a few nights stay? Have a favorite service provider (CSA box, masseuse, hair stylist, etc.) who will donate to you for Edison? Do you know of any businesses (perhaps yours??) who would like to make a monetary donation and sponsor our event (in return we publicize the business). Please email Monica or Courtney with any leads. email@example.com or Courtney: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lastly, below is a FAQ that will help you get started. If you have any other questions, please reach out! Or check out our website as we will be updating it with more information as we get it. https://edisonpta.org/fundraising/spring-auction/
- What is the purpose of this event?
- To raise money for our school. The auction and gala is the biggest fundraising event that Edison has. It brings in over half of the PTA budget.
- It also builds community and allows for the Edison families to gather together and celebrate and have fun.
- When is the event?
- Saturday, March 21st, 2020
- Where will the event be held?
- The Alameda Hotel Ballroom, (at the Alameda Hotel Apartments) 1415 Broadway
- What is the theme?
- “Come Sail Away” - celebrate our students and community and raise funds for Edison Elementary nautical-style!
- What is the dress code?
- Wear whatever you feel most comfortable wearing to a nautical themed party (or any party you would go to)
- Want to dress up in nautical colors? Want to come up in costume – a sailor? A pirate? Or get inspired by Little Mermaid, or an Officer and a Gentleman, or how about Gilligan’s Island. Want to wear fancy attire like you might wear on a fancy cruise? Any of those are great!
- Want to just come casual? Perfect. Just come and have fun and support our school!
- When will tickets be available to purchase?
- Tickets are available to purchase now! Link here: https://one.bidpal.net/2020edisonauction/ticketing
- Will there be food and drinks?
- Yes! We will be serving heavy appetizers and dessert (there are vegetarian and gluten-free options).
- Our menu will feature foods from various Port of Calls! Stay tuned for all the delicious details!
- We will be serving signature nautical-themed cocktails – featuring the Dark and Stormy and the Sea Breeze. We will also have beer and wine stations as well as non-alcoholic beverages. (The PTA cannot sell alcohol, but there can accept donations which will go directly to supporting the Edison PTA).
- Will there be things to buy?
- Yes! We will have auction items available for purchase in 3 possible ways: online, silent and live auctions. Stay tuned for more details!
We are so excited to sail away with you all this spring! Please let us know if you have any questions (or can help us with auction ideas and sponsorships!!)
Monica and Courtney
Your 2020 Auction Co-Chairs