Wed, Oct 13 11:18pm
We are coming down to the final 5 days of our "Together We Read!" Read-A-Thon. We are tracking towards our fundraising goal of $40,000, and I want to encourage you and your students to not slow down, keep reading, keep fundraising so we can finish strong through next Monday!
Here are 5 things to know:
1) It's not too late to start your Pledgestar account to track your student's reading and fundraising. So far, about 56% of our students have an account created, so please create one if you haven't already. https://pledgestar.com/
2) If your student has been using the paper tracker to track their reading time - GREAT...and please start moving those minutes into Pledgestar. Total reading times towards the reading prizes are only counted from those entered in Pledgestar.
3) Please tap into your employer's corporate matching program to amplify your student's donations where possible. Companies like Google, Salesforce, Kaiser, Clorox, Cisco, Genentech and many others match employee donations to 501(c) 3 non-profits such as Edison Elementary PTA. If you're not sure, click here for a non-exhaustive list of companies that have matching.
Steps to follow:
- Make your donation and request the match through your company's site
- Obtain the donation receipt and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for Pledgestar accounting (as offline donations)
4) Have your students keep up with Week 2's Reading Bingo! We had A TON of submissions across all grades last week, and Week 1's raffle winners were announced at the Author Assembly on Tuesday. Congratulations to:
K - Mason F
1 - Olivia O
2 - Xander B
3 - Colette F
4 - Eleanor I
5 - Luca A
Our K-2 winners received an Otter pin and a copy of "The Greatest Adventure." Our 3-5 winners received an Otter water bottle and an Otter sweatshirt!
5) Our Treat & Donate event at Tucker's is this Friday from 5-7pm. Get your ice cream on before the weather gets any colder! Make sure to mention Edison PTA Read-A-Thon at time of purchase. 10% of the proceeds will be donated back to our school.
Please let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns.
PTA Read-A-Thon Chair