Mon, Sep 16 9:47pm
Did you know this week is Global Climate Change Week and that this weekend is the 35th Annual California Coastal Cleanup Day?
Wondering how you and your children can get involved?
Join the Edison Go Green team
this Saturday morning for a
BEACH CLEANUP with East Bay Regional Park District
Help cleanup Alameda's shoreline and learn about what kinds of trash
are washing up at our home.
- When: Saturday, 9/21 at 9am.
Edison Go Green Representatives will be at the cleanup from 9am to 10am. The cleanup event goes through noon. Come later or stay longer, as your schedule allows.
- Where: Encinal Boat Ramp - from Central Ave at Lincoln Avenue, turn on to frontage road adjacent to Encinal High School, continue short distance to the boat ramp at the end of the road.
- Bring: Garden gloves (if you have them) and containers to collect small to medium sized trash items (e.g., bucket, milk carton/jug with top cut open, oatmeal cylinder, reused plastic shopping bag).
- Wear: Closed-toe shoes and layered clothing.
- RSVP: Contact Stephanie Matula by Thursday 9/19 with your name, childrens' names and phone or email address if you are planning to attend, so we can add you to the Edison volunteer list. You can also just show up at the event, though you will have to take a moment to sign in then. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Email, phone or text - email@example.com, (415) 939-6452.