It has been nearly a year since our students have all been on campus together and we all miss our campus and each other. Doing school remotely takes a huge toll on the wellness of our students and our families. To remind everyone that we are all still here and thinking of each other, Edison’s PTA is launching the Edison Love Each Otter Week to run the week before February Break (February 8 through 12).
We will be celebrating our community with lots of great school-wide activities for our students and families!
1) All Week - Community Service Sock Drive: Engage your Otters in service learning by donating to our sock drive for our local unhoused community members.
2) All Week - Community Art Project: Watch Ms. Olsson's art lesson and create our own posters and lawn signs with messages for and from our own community around our hopes, dreams, words of wisdom, words for change, and messages of support and unity. On Friday February 13, take a family walk to see the signs in our community!
3) Wed, February 10, 7 pm - Edison Family Resiliency Night : Edison parents and guardians are invited to join Melissa Saunders from AUSD in a talk and guided conversation about how our families and students can practice gratitude, compassion, connection, resilience and generosity during distance learning.
4) All week - Daily Wellness Practice: Each day for Love Each Otter week, we will send out a daily wellness practice to try out with your family.
If you have questions or want to help volunteer, please reach out to committee leads:
- Community Service Leads: Michelle Lager (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Shelby Morita-Fowler (email@example.com)
- Edison Art Instructor: Margarethe Olsson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- AUSD Intervention Lead: Melissa Saunders (MSaunders@alamedaunified.org )
More information and reminders will be sent out during the week.
We look forward to celebrating our community together and working on ways we can keep positive during distance learning. At Edison, we all love each otter!