Read-a-thon preliminary numbers are IN!
- 168 students participated by recording minutes read and/or fundraising
- 114,743 minutes (1,912 hours) read in total
- $40,403 in total donations to date
- 2nd graders had highest participation rate
- Ms. Soria-Kevy’s Kindergarten class raised the most donations, with all three 2nd grade classes close behind
- $130 raised from Tucker's fundraising (which means we spent about $1,300 on ice cream last Friday afternoon! A wonderful way to help a local favorite too!)
- Books Inc. #s still to come
Overall student participation was lower this year, but we surpassed our fundraising goal of $35,000 and we are so thrilled and grateful!
Prizes will be distributed in the next couple weeks. Most prizes are gift certificates to local businesses to keep Edison PTA’s money in Alameda and to reduce our consumption of disposable plastic and toys.
Many thanks to all who participated… and a special thank you to Maria van Lieshout for donating her time to creating an awesome Read-a-thon assembly video! Also thank you to Ingrid and Brian for helping us with graphic design. Last but not least, a gigantic thank you to Anne for taking the lead on this fundraiser... it is a "brave new world" of read-a-thon this year and you knocked it out of the park!
More info to come, including final numbers and prize distribution. Stay tuned!
PTA Fundraising Board Chair