The Nominating Committee for the PTA Executive Board is looking for nominations for our leadership team for the 2019-2020 School Year!
Executive Board positions include:
- VP of Membership
- VP of Volunteers
- VP - Assistant Treasurer
- Communications and Historian
- Standing Committee Chairs: We have committees in six focus areas which are each coordinated by an Executive Board Liaison.
Below are brief descriptions of the positions and committee areas. We are particularly in need of candidates for the Treasurer and Communications Chair. Sharing responsibilities with a Vice Chair is also an option for many of the positions.
- Oversees and coordinates the work of an executive board to run a PTA effectively
- Presides at PTA board and association meetings
- Serves as the official contact, communicator and representative of a PTA
- Designated as an authorized signer for PTA checks, contracts and authorizations for payment
- Serves as ex-officio member of all committees except the nominating committee
- Works with other PTA leaders to connect families, school and community to support student success
- Takes minutes at board and association meetings
- Co-signs formal papers with president: authorizations for payment, resolutions and formal letters
- Handles PTA correspondence as directed by the president
- Maintains and preserves PTA records and important documents to pass on at the end of the term
- Maintains permanent records to track unit funds and financial transactions
- Chairs budget committee and prepares annual budget for adoption by the association
- Pays all PTA bills as authorized by board or association
- Prepares reports for every board and association meeting and an annual financial report
- Ensures taxes and reports required by PTA bylaws, insurance or federal and state governments are completed and submitted by the due dates
Vice President of Membership
- Responsible for promoting, processing and reporting PTA memberships.
- Promote memberships throughout the year, such as reaching out to former members who hadn't signed up this year.
- Promoting PTA value to the school community.
Vice President of Volunteers
- Responsible for supporting PTA President and Committee chairs to recruit and coordinate volunteer assignments at the school to support student success
- Collaborates with other PTA board members, teachers and administrators to assess and identify how parents/guardians and community members can get more involved at school as volunteers
- Promotes PTA goals, membership and activities
Vice President - Assistant Treasurer
- Works closely with the treasurer and other financial officers in handling PTA funds
- Keeps a record of all PTA funds collected, deposited and disbursed
- Prepares monthly and annual financial reports
- Audits the books and financial records of the PTA to determine their accuracy
- Presents written reports on audits to the board and the association for adoption
- Forwards copies of adopted audits to council/district PTA as indicated in unit bylaws
Communications & Historian
- Keep the Edison PTA community informed! This is a great opportunity for someone who is organized and likes to keep everyone in the know. Attend meetings and hear all the goings on in the PTA, then share with the wider PTA community.
- Also take any PTA community feedback and direct it to the appropriate person in PTA leadership. Responsible for the Communications Committee, which manages Konstella, the PTA website, the PTA Facebook Page, the Edison community Facebook group, and distributes the weekly PTA Newsletter.
- Assists the president to manage meetings and advises on parliamentary procedure
- Chairs bylaws committee to review unit bylaws each year and revise bylaws every three years
- Arranges nominating committee’s first meeting, providing information on nomination and election process
Standing Committee Areas: