It is with incredible honor, excitement, and gratitude that I share these preliminary Read-A-Thon numbers: we raised a jaw-dropping $77,975!!! We SMASHED our goal of $40,000 and nearly doubled it!
Equally impressive are these stats:
- 292 of students (68%) participated by recording minutes read and/or fundraising
- 184,007 minutes (3,067 hours) read in total
- That’d be 128 straight days of reading!
- Kindergarten had the highest participation rate AND raised the most funds
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade also raised impressive amounts
- Strong shop/dine & donations proceeds:
- ~$410 from Books, Inc
- $100 from Ding Tea (they donated extra funds, on top of what we raised with them from the drink & donate event)
- ~$120 from Tucker's
- Tomatina TBD, but expecting strong #s from the 2 dine & donate events
Thank you SO MUCH to this incredible community for coming together to celebrate reading and support our school! I’ve heard many stories of how engaged our students were with all the planned activities, and we are thrilled that we were able to make reading fun for everyone. Special thanks to Serena Hom, Monica Ware, Tammy Tsao, Sophie Steplowski, Charlise Tiee, Julia Berger, Ilya Shereshevsky and Brittany Gentile for all of your help to make this event so successful.
Prizes will be distributed in the next couple weeks. Most prizes are gift certificates to local businesses to keep Edison PTA’s money in Alameda. We will also have a special surprise from Mr. Sahakian with the Principal’s Read-A-Thon Workout Challenge.
Stay tuned for more info to come, including final numbers and prize distribution.
PTA Read-A-Thon Chair