IMPORTANT DATES AND REMINDERS
- CAASP Testing Begins This Week
- It's SPIRIT WEEK: April 19-23:
Monday Pajama Day Tuesday Tie-Dye Tuesday Wednesday Wacky Pattern Day - Wear stripes, polka dots, plaid, and/or animal print all together! Thursday Earth Day - Dress like your favorite wild animal (or shirt with that animal on it!) Friday School Spirit Day - Wear your Escondido Gear or Red & White
- Thursday, April 22 - FAMILY SCIENCE NIGHT Escondido Virtual Science Fair is an optional activity, open to all Escondido students who formulate a hypothesis, perform an experiment, and present their results during Family Science Night, scheduled for April 22, 5-7:30pm. Zoom will be sent out to the registrants.
- ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST REGISTER HERE! All students of the same pod are welcome to work together on one project and present together.
- ATTENTION - 5th Grade YEARBOOK PAGES Due Tomorrow - April 19th! Every year each 5th grader has their own page in the yearbook. Have your child log in to Schoology and create their yearbook page!
- TEACHER & STAFF FRIDAY TREATS - Attention Parents!! Be on the lookout for a sign-up to bring special morning snacks for teachers and staff on campus for the last 6 Fridays of the year. At this time everything has to be restaurant or store prepared. Each grade will host a day where they can thank all Escondido staff and teachers in their own special way. Have fun with your week - make it your own and be creative! The schedule is as follows:
- Kindergarten - April 16
- 1st Grade - April 23
- 2nd Grade - April 30
- PTA Executive Team - May 7
- 3rd Grade - May 14
- 4th Grade - May 21
- 5th Grade - May 28
- PRE-ORDER A YEARBOOK! Get a keepsake for this unprecedented year with a class montage of all of your classmates, fun snapshots and a record of all of the 5th graders with their custom pages! Only $20! BUY TODAY!
- HYBRID FAMILIES: Please help us keep our students and staff safe from exposure to COVID-19. Our safety depends on parents to notify and be honest about their activities and exposure. PLEASE NOTIFY YOUR TEACHER AND THE OFFICE IF:
- Any of the programs your child participates in has had a COVID exposure so your child is a close contact;
- Anyone in your family has been diagnosed or received a positive COVID-19 test;
- Any other situation in which your child or your family has had a confirmed case or exposure to COVID-19.
- YEARBOOK COMMITTEE: Help our Yearbook committee put together an unforgettable and amazing yearbook! We need parents who are available in April - early May to help put the book together. Join the committee HERE.
- INTERNATIONAL FAMILY FUN FAIR - REIMAGINED! Join the committee HERE. A unique tradition to Escondido, the International Fun Fair helps our campus celebrate all of the different nationalities present at our school. It builds community and is one of our best events. We can’t have the fair as usual this year, but we still want to find a way to harness the same celebration and sense of community. Help our International Family Fun Fair team come up with great events that work this year given all the new restrictions.
- LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL CELEBRATIONS! Join the committee HERE! Normally a huge last day of school fair on campus, we have to come up with alternative ways to celebrate accomplishing the end of the school year. Help us come up with a plan!
- ATTENTION ALL ESCONDIDO FAMILIES - Get Involved with the PTA! We need a few new people to join the Board next year - VOLUNTEER HERE
- RECESS & LUNCH SUPERVISION STILL NEEDED!!!! - We REALLY need ENERGETIC volunteers for lunch and recess. Email John Di Cosmo if you plan to attend the zoom at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the google doc to sign up Once approved - hopefully you will be willing to sign up to help with the Sprouts Garden or run an art table during recess.
PTA/PTA Council News
**UPDATED**3rd Annual Family Leadership Summit – 2021 Series
Saturday, April 17 Day 2: Equity for Academic Success 9am–12:45pm
Saturday, May 15 Day 3: Building Future Leaders 9am–12:45pm
PAUSD is excited to bring the community together for learning by hosting the 3rd Annual Family Leadership Summit! This year's theme "Unity Through Learning" aims to do just that; bring the community together during these trying times with three days of engaged learning opportunities. This is a fully virtual event. On the morning of the event, links will go live for the Keynote Speaker and all Breakout Presentations, RSVP to ensure you get the communications. See www.pausdfamilies.org for more information and sign-up to attend!
**NEW**Green Tip: Earth Week Activities at PAUSD!
- Celebrate the Earth throughout the district. Click here to get started!
- Free bike repair clinic on April 24th for Fletcher and Gunn students, sign up here;
- A talk by climate activist Tim Guinee on April 19, 6-7pm, open to all PAUSD students 3rd grade and up, sign up here.
**NEW**Parent Event - Building Skills for College and Life: Why Service Matters
Thursday, April 29, 7–8pm
RSVP at tinyurl.com/YCScollegeandlife
How does service-learning build & reinforce skills essential for success in college and the workforce? What are some impactful ways to earn community service hours that go beyond the checkbox? Answers to these questions and more will be discussed by our panelists repressing college admissions, local businesses, and more. The panel will be moderated by a former PAUSD college student and is open to all in the community. Questions? Email email@example.com. This panel is hosted by Youth Community Service (YCS), DreamCatchers, and PTA Council.
Health and Wellness
**NEW**COVID Information for Spanish Speakers
Please click on the following links for Free COVID vaccines CLICK HERE
Spanish language forum: “COVID-19 Vaccine: My Wellness, My Community!”
Learn more about important vaccine topics. Pre-recorded in Spanish El Foro Comunitario: Vacuna COVID-19
**NEW**5th Anniversary VIRTUAL Foster5K
Sunday, April 25, Anytime, Anywhere
You can model good citizenship, good health and good parenting all in an hour or so. Sign up the family to walk or run the Foster5K from your front step. All proceeds benefit Child Advocates, CASA of Silicon Valley, serving foster children through its Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program. Entries include a race shirt, and a goody bag for the family. SIGN UP BY APRIL 15 to be guaranteed a shirt. See the flyer HERE. Note: $5 off each registration when four or more sign up at once. SIGN UP or DONATE at Foster5K.org.
**NEW**Palo Alto May Fete 2021
Spring in Palo Alto usually means the May Fete Parade. Only truly unprecedented times have canceled the May Fete Parade, including World War II and now the Covid-19 pandemic.This year’s theme is What a Wonderful World. Decorate your home, porch, door, car and/or windows. We also can’t forget our furry friends, so please take photos of your pets in costume or doing their best trick for our category, Pets on Parade. Register at the link below and have decorations up by Saturday May 1st for a weeklong celebration and community building. For more information and to register please visit www.paloaltomayfeteparade.com
**NEW**Positive Parenting During COVID by Stanford Medicine
Stanford Medicine presents an online series of recordings:
Is it Stress or a Pediatric Anxiety Disorder?
Pandemic Classroom Stress: Supporting CaregiversNavigating Screen Time During a Pandemic
CLICK HERE to view the recordings.
**NEW**Bike to Wherever Day
Friday, May 21
Bike Everywhere Day. Join Us for Bike Month and Bike to Wherever Day! Have fun and win prizes! Sign Up Here.
**NEW**Silicon Valley Biking Class
Tuesday, April 27, 6-7pm
For the month of April, we are discussing Family Biking! Come learn how to bike safely with kids of any age. We’ll cover gear and equipment options to help you have safe and enjoyable riding adventures! Presentation followed by time for Q&A with experienced family riders who are ready to share their experiences. Click Register
**NEW**City of Palo Alto
It's hard to consider emergencies beyond the pandemic, but our Office of Emergency Services has a mission to prepare our community for all hazards, including earthquakes. Join our upcoming webinar on April 21 at 5pm to learn how to prepare. Sign up now! https://bit.ly/3mLthP5
**NEW**Summer Openings at PACCC for Elementary Students
Check out PACCC Summer Programs Openings at:
Each site will have stable cohorts; children will not commingle with other cohorts. Children will have ample outdoor time each day and daily enrichment opportunities! Sign up for an open spot by filling out the Enrollment Application form and paying the fee, which covers processing costs. After completing the enrollment application and paying the fee, our Directors will be in touch! If you sign up for a center with no openings, you will be placed on the waitlist. Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. PACCC Programs are vigilant in maintaining safety protocols, including maintaining stable cohorts and physical distancing as much as possible. 77% of our school-age educators within our agency have been vaccinated.
**NEW**iSing Silicon Valley
Now auditioning girls entering grades 1–5 for our 2021–22 season! iSing is an internationally award-winning choir based in Palo Alto serving more than 300 girls in 1st-12th grades. If you love to sing, iSing is the perfect place for you to discover and develop your passion for music! Our critically acclaimed program provides girls with an exemplary music education in a creative, supportive, and fun environment. We are dedicated to our mission: Champion Girls as Artists. Inspire Self-Discovery. Transform Lives. To sign up for an audition, visit us at www.isingsv.com. We look forward to singing with you soon! See our AMAZING girls in ACTION!