Important Dates and Reminders
- YOGA & MINDFULNESS WITH SHEILA - Monday mornings at 8am. Open to all Escondido students - Zoom: https://pausd.zoom.us/j/92280179262
- SITE COUNCIL MEETING (Virtual) - Monday Aug 31, 3:15pm
- BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT (Virtual) – Tuesday, September 1st. Don’t miss this opportunity to meet your child/children’s teachers, hear about the upcoming year, and ask questions!! Times and Zooms will be announced by your teachers and on Konstella prior to September 1.
- MINIMUM DAY - Friday September 4th, class out at 1:30pm.
- FALL SPIRIT WEEK (Virtual) - Monday, September 14th - Friday, September 18th. Mark your calendar - more details are coming soon. We need volunteers to come up with fun Spirit Week Ideas! VOLUNTEER HERE
- PTA ICE CREAM CHALLENGE (DONATE) - through Sept 18th. PTA organizes events and coordinates with Escondido staff to enrich the Escondido experience with physical materials for learning at home including e-books & real books. Get scoops for your child’s class! Donate at https://2020escondido-pta.cheddarup.com
- PARENT POKER EVENING (Virtual) - Friday, September 18th from 5-7pm. Mark your calendars for the 1st ever Parent poker evening! Meet other Escondido parents while playing a friendly game of online poker. We need volunteers to help plan this event! VOLUNTEER HERE!
- PTA MEETING (Virtual) - Monday, September 21st at 7 PM
Join Zoom Meeting - PTA Meeting
Meeting ID: 885 0703 6358
- FAMILY MATH NIGHT - Tuesday, September 22, 5-7 PM, Virtual Games (and maybe some take home physical games)! Mark your calendar - more details are coming soon. We need volunteers to help plan and execute this fun night for all - VOLUNTEER HERE!
Stay Connected - On Konstella!
- DON’T FORGET TO JOIN YOUR CHILD’S CLASSROOM ON KONSTELLA to stay in the loop on classroom events, volunteer, and access the class directory. Click on your profile -> your children, then select classroom, and SAVE
Where is the back to school packet?
Go to the ESCONDIDO PTA WEBSITE:
ATTENTION BUSINESS OWNERS!
Did you know that we can feature your business on Konstella under a Sponsor listing for a small annual fee? We can also add small advertisements at the end of our enews and feature your business/promotion.
Do you provide a service for children? We can feature your after school service on Konstella and our PTA website. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Double Your PiE Donation - Now through September 8
The PiE 2020-21 fundraising campaign is underway. Your support makes a huge difference to our school community. PiE funds go to every PAUSD school and help principals staff programs that deliver a well-rounded education. PiE's funding provides enrichment and support in the areas of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math), the Arts, and Wellness and Support. PiE-funded staff enhance our kids' learning every day. Questions about PiE? See our FAQs. Double your impact: Between now and Sept 8, gifts and pledges will be matched by a $500,000 Back-To-School Challenge Grant. Donate today!
FREE PARENT EDUCATION
Dear PAUSD Parents,
We all need a little extra help during these challenging times. Here's an informative and FREE opportunity to pick up a few parenting tricks of the trade to support your child.
This month, Brightline is offering free classes on topics that are sure to equip parents with the skills needed to navigate distance learning. Each class starts at 8pm and are short 45 minute. sessions.
- August 24- How to Manage Back-School (Home) Anxiety
- August 26- How to Handle Going Back to Distance Learning
- September 1-How to Deal with Tantrum and Tough Behaviors
- September 3- How to Work on Executive Functioning for Online Learning
Join one or join all! Click on the link below to find out more!
Wishing you the very best!
Assistant Superintendent, Equity and Student Affairs
PTA/PTA Council News
**NEW**ELECTION ALERT FOR PARENTS (and everyone else too)
Every registered voter will receive a ballot in the mail in early Oct. Voting begins when ballots arrive. Election day is Tue Nov 3. Please pay attention to your ENTIRE ballot! Don’t miss:
- PAUSD Parcel Tax (Measure “O”)
- School Board & City Council Elections
- 11 Propositions. [State PTA positions]
Watch your eNews for info about Candidate Forums, etc. REGISTER, INFORM YOURSELF, and VOTE!!! Vote early! Questions? Erwin Morton, email@example.com.
**NEW**PTA SUPPORTS PROPS 15 & 16 ON NOVEMBER BALLOT.
As an advocacy organization, PTA often takes positions on legislation & ballot measures; it does not support or oppose candidates for office. California State PTA SUPPORTS Prop 15, which would provide billions of extra dollars for our schools & local government services. State PTA also SUPPORTS Prop 16, which would restore affirmative action in California.
Please register, inform yourself, and don't forget to vote! Election day is Tue Nov 3. Vote early if you can! Prop 15 & 16 info: https://capta.org/focus-areas/advocacy/state-ballot-measures/
Questions? Erwin Morton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
WATCH: Dr. Austin in MidPen Media's School Superintendents Video Exchange
Midpen Media gathered four local district superintendents to discuss distance learning and opening schools under COVID-19 guidelines. Watch the hour-long edited version on the Midpen Media YouTube Channel here to view the discussion. The district leaders discuss achievement gap, student welfare, and what it’s like to make decisions in these unprecedented times. The superintendents include PAUSD's Dr. Don Austin, Gina Sudaria of the Ravenswood City School District, Erik Burmeister of the Menlo Park City School District, and Dr. Mary Streshly of the Sequoia Union High School District.
**NEW**Gamble Gardens Presents: MACRAME PLANT HANGER -- ONLINE
Sat, Sept.19, 10-11am, Zoom Registration Here $40/student
Supplement your child's school art curriculum. Remember when you did macrame? It's making a comeback! Learn to design, knot and create a macrame plant hanger for your pandemic garden. Choose a free 4" potted succulent from Gamble Garden's "Plant Shop" to put into your completed macrame hanger. This live one-hour Zoom class is taught by Lexi Bakkar, an artist based in Sonoma, California. All supplies provided and can either be picked up at Gamble Garden or mailed directly to your home (for an additional $10 fee). Recommended for ages 10 - 18 years (parents can join if child needs assistance). Fun for the entire family!
**NEW**Ragazzi Boys Chorus Welcomes New Members
Virtual “SingFest” free mini-camp for boys aged 7-10, 10-11am, Sat, Aug 29
GRAMMY award-winning Ragazzi Boys Chorus seeks boys aged 7-10 who love to sing. Curriculum focuses on music theory, vocal technique, artistry, musicianship, and performance skills. Our fall semester begins with online instruction featuring the latest programs and technologies. Younger students, aged 5-7, are invited to join our Music and Movement class, beginning in September. To register for “SingFest” and receive the event link, visit https://ragazzi.org/join-us/virtualsingfest/ For inquiries or to schedule a convenient online audition, visit https://ragazzi.org/join-us/book-audition/